Inappropriate behavior in Thermal Suite, Cloud 9 Spa. Is this normal?

MargieWY

A few cruises ago, DH was hit upon while sitting in the atrium. I had just left him unattended for only a few minutes!:eek: He was invited to the steam room. Never mind, he has an ever-present wife. DH told him "Sorry man, I don't roll that way." Last night of the cruise, thankfully. Now, we've seen it all. :(

This sounds like one of those stories from Penthouse letters.....I was in the spa in a cruise ship, when the weirdest thing happened......

OMG , that's funny, because as I was reading original post in my mind I started saying, " Dear Penthouse, I am a student from a small Midwestern college , and while on my spring break cruise ....... "

He got hit on. What's the big deal?

I probably would have just chuckled and said I'm not interested.

If he wanted to report it, who exactly would he report it to and what would he say?

I don't really want to hang out in a steam room with a naked 70 year old guy anyway.

Geez, every time he stands up it probably looks like he sat in gum.

Hi:

We have some friends that returned from the Carnival Magic last week. They were telling us about their vacation, but there was something that they shared with us which I felt I needed to check here on Cruise Critic.

They purchased a spa pass for a day to give it a try and see what the hype was about. They are not "spa" people so they have no clue if what they experienced was normal. My friend's husband was in a steam room alone when an older man (he said in his 70's) approached him and started chit chatting. The conversation progressed to the man asking my friend if he liked to steam in the nude, and if my friend minded if the old man steamed in the nude with him in the room. Needless to say, the conversation started to make my friend very uncomfortable. He told the old man as politely as possible to mind his business.

He then said that the man proceeded to stand up and walk over to my friend, and then he dropped his towel about a foot from him (basically with his private parts in my friend's face) and asked him if he ever "switched teams". My friend said that he would've punched the man if he hadn't been elderly, but that it took everything in his power not to do so. He let out a few expletives, got up and rushed out of the steam room and away from the spa as fast as he could.

Anyway, we were all wondering if this stuff happens often, or if this was a rare occurrence. We are not spa people either, so I have no idea if this is normal at spas. They were mortified about the incident but didn't report it, once again not knowing if this was normal.

Thanks for any input that you may provide.

Normal has become an odd word, as most ignore the true definition of the word.

But cruising in spa's on the ships goes back years. I think I've seen it all as far as pick ups and flaunting, but I've never seen any lewd act actually performed. But apparently someone thought the guy was attractive and was hitting on him. All he needed to do was decline, unless he was at that point questioning his own sexuality.

Odd that he felt the need to share this.

He got hit on. What's the big deal?

I probably would have just chuckled and said I'm not interested.

If he wanted to report it, who exactly would he report it to and what would he say?

I don't really want to hang out in a steam room with a naked 70 year old guy anyway.

Geez, every time he stands up it probably looks like he sat in gum.

I don't see the big deal either. Sure it's very bold of him to show his senior citizen weenie but walk away. He was in the spa, so being naked wasn't that unusual. He's an adult and he handled it right. Move on.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I've been to the sauna on almost every cruise and while nudity in there is not uncommon, being hit on is. At least I've never experienced it. Of course I freely admit I'm no one's dream physique:eek: This was certainly inappropriate behavior but all in all not much worse than many women put up with all the time.

Lock to old man in the steam room , have someone go get security , File a complaint at that time , That way Carnival has the man's name ( he gets banned from Carnival cruises ) and Carnival would be very happy to refund your cruise ,and maybe a few free cruises ... That is how I would have handled it ..