Connecting Balcony's on the Magic???

tlgb2005

I know that you are able to get connecting rooms on the ship, but are you able to get connecting balcony's? We will be traveling with friends, and like the idea of all being able to hang out there together. I have called Carnival direct numerous times, but have been unable to get a straight answer?!?!

Also, does anyone know the best way to book a balcony cabin that actually overlooks the water and not another deck? This was another thing that I asked about when I called, and the 2 people I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about!

Thanks for the input!

Yes, all ships have some balconies that connect. We specifically wanted these when we booked last year. You PVP is able to tell you what rooms have this.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/category/c/293/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDY0NTMyMzI1L3NpZC9sdm9xLUlSbQ%3D%3D

This should help too. Click on stateroom descriptions for the deck you are interest in

Edited by disneylover89

The newer ships Breeze , Magic and Dream all have the extended deck 5 , There are no balcony cabins below deck 5 , There are cove cabins on deck 2 ,but none connect to another cabin ..

So , no you can not get connecting balcony cabins below the extended deck 5 on The Magic . Book deck 8 , you will have a cabin above you , (not the lido deck) You will only see the deck below when you look down , You still have a good view of the sea

The newer ships Breeze , Magic and Dream all have the extended deck 5 , There are no balcony cabins below deck 5 , There are cove cabins on deck 2 ,but none connect to another cabin ..

So , no you can not get connecting balcony cabins below the extended deck 5 on The Magic . Book deck 8 , you will have a cabin above you , (not the lido deck) You will only see the deck below when you look down , You still have a good view of the sea

This is not true. There are some cove balconies on the dream class ships that connect. Just ask the CS desk to open the divider once boarding. Your PVP should know which balconies can be connected. FYI, two adjacent rooms can have connecting rooms but not connecting balconies and vice versa.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Go to cruisedeckplans.com, pick Carnival, pick Magic, scroll to extra details by Carnival and pick a deck. Up will come details of each cabin and will note if balcony connects and to which cabin.

Edit: Just noticed this is same info from disneylover above.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

We were on Dream, Magic's sister ship. Had balcony cabins 7444, 7448 and 7454 (aft wrap) and all three balconies' dividers opened. At the back of the ship, deck 5 does not obstruct view down to the water below. I'm pretty sure that cabins 7448, 7454 and 7458 on Magic should be the same.

Opening the dividers between the balconies is a crap shoot. On our yearly girls only cruise we always book balconies and ask for them to be opened. Several times when opened one rooms door to the balcony will be blocked, thus defeating the purpose. I've read on here you can ask the room steward to take the divider off, not sure how well that would go. The last 5 or so girl cruises I've spent a lot of time on the phone to make sure no doors are blocked but have still been disappointed a couple of times.

I know that you are able to get connecting rooms on the ship, but are you able to get connecting balcony's? We will be traveling with friends, and like the idea of all being able to hang out there together. I have called Carnival direct numerous times, but have been unable to get a straight answer?!?!

Also, does anyone know the best way to book a balcony cabin that actually overlooks the water and not another deck? This was another thing that I asked about when I called, and the 2 people I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about!

Thanks for the input!

Yes , just look at the deck plans.