Just off the Getaway. 5/29/16

erocrobro

Will be writing a trip review when we return home in a few days, but for now feel free to ask any questions. We did not do any up charge dining except for The Illusionarium and my kids didn't go to the clubs. Anything else, I'll be glad to answer if I can. The main thing is, the ship is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We sail on June 5.....is it still the Flamingo Bar and Grill by the pool or have they switched it to be Margaritaville as I have heard they would be doing by the beginning of June?

Hoping for Flamingo but just want to know!

It was definitely still Flamingo Grill, didn't talk to anyone about it but I didn't see any signs of changing over even as we were eating breakfast this morning.

The Captain was Rune Mayer(sp?). Not sure about the others. Will check dailies and let you know.

I hope you had a great cruise, look forward to reading about your trip.

We sail in a couple of weeks. Did Costa Maya & Belize get changed around this week? I read in a post on here that it may have happened in the last couple of weeks.

Yes, they were switched. The letter said it was to alleviate crowding in Costa Maya. I was worried because I had booked independent tours, but both companies were already aware of the change and were ready for us.

Did they change ship time to match port time at each port? And if you have the dailies, would you mind posting, please?

Thanks so much! Glad you had a good time!

How far in advance did the ports get switched? Could that decision be made as late as during the cruise? I've been hoping something would change for Cozumel as there are 5 big ships in port next Friday when we are there. I'm afraid the resorts will be super crowded. We made a reservation at Mr Sanchos but that doesn't mean they won't reached capacity of 450 and be uncomfortably crowded. So they've been switching Belize and Costa maya? 1st and 3rd days?

How far in advance did the ports get switched? Could that decision be made as late as during the cruise? I've been hoping something would change for Cozumel as there are 5 big ships in port next Friday when we are there. I'm afraid the resorts will be super crowded. We made a reservation at Mr Sanchos but that doesn't mean they won't reached capacity of 450 and be uncomfortably crowded. So they've been switching Belize and Costa maya? 1st and 3rd days?

They were the 2nd and 3rd days. I wouldn't worry about Cozumel. There were 4 giant shops in port the day we were there. We went to Paradise Beach and there were more empty chairs than full and we didn't even go until around 11.

They were the 2nd and 3rd days. I wouldn't worry about Cozumel. There were 4 giant shops in port the day we were there. We went to Paradise Beach and there were more empty chairs than full and we didn't even go until around 11.

I don't know if it was on the website early, but I didn't find out until we checked in.

Hotel Director is Errol Bailey just came on a couple of weeks ago.

Captain Rune left for vacation today. Captain Tommy is on board.

Errol Bailey was the first F&B Manager on the Getaway in its inaugural season. I didn't know he had left and returned. He was actually at the gangway this morning saying goodbye to everyone

Will be writing a trip review when we return home in a few days, but for now feel free to ask any questions. We did not do any up charge dining except for The Illusionarium and my kids didn't go to the clubs. Anything else, I'll be glad to answer if I can. The main thing is, the ship is amazing!

Looking forward to it.

Thank you for the heads up about the switch. I have reservations at Maya Chan in Costa Maya and they're already full that day four months out. If the ports are switched, I doubt I can get in there.

• 2 weeks later...
Does the Getaway have both or just tea in the main dining areas?

TIA!

I'm not sure what you are asking? They have coffee and tea if that's what you mean? You can order whatever you want to drink, but only some are complimentary unless you have a beverage package.

I'm not sure what you are asking? They have coffee and tea if that's what you mean? You can order whatever you want to drink, but only some are complimentary unless you have a beverage package.

Sorry yes I was asking what is included as complimentary :) 2 of my kids don't drink sweet tea so wondering if lemonade was on the Getaway. I know it's on others but wasn't sure about this boat as far as being complimentary anyway.

Thanks!

Thanks for letting us know. I will miss Joel Sanchez (former CD) on Getaway. Hard to replace some of those who really stand out like him and Paul Scally (remember him? he's currently a comedian in Vegas)

We were on the Getaway last May on our first NCL cruise. Joel was outstanding and had the ship bouncing. We're back on the Getaway in a few months and was hoping he'd still be there. Do you know where he went?