Celebrity glasses....need expert information

Cindy G

I have a collection of Celebrity glasses (the drink of the day glasses with three drink recipes on the back). I have five different ones....am I missing any?

I have:

King Richard.........Brassolaeliocattleya

Formosana............Pleione

Oriental Princess....Laeliocattleya

Rothschildiana.......Vanda

Hennessy.............Phalaenopsis

It seems odd to me that there would be an odd number of glasses. Glasses usually come in sets of six or eight. I have only been on the Zenith and Horizon...do other ships have different ones? How does it work? Will I "need" to go on another cruise to complete my collection?

Cindy,

The Celebrity glasses are a set of 7. You are missing Cattleya/Warscewiczii and Phalaenopsis/Violacea..

I picked up the boxed set on Mercury at the Cova Cafe. It worked out to be about the same price and I did not have to take a dirty glass back to the room.

Sounds like a great excuse to go on another cruise.

Debra

Mine says Oriental Prince.

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean

Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja

Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia

Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska

Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja

Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera

Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

<a href="mailto:PrincessOfQAL1@aol.com"> Click here to email me

<a href="http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/princessofqal1">Celebrity Century pics

Rusty...you are baaddd!

Debra...thanks for the information. How did you ever think to look for a boxed set? I didn't even think about it until I got home and noticed the different ones. Then I saw that I had five...I wonder why seven? Yes, another cruise is in the making. I just have to complete the set.

If you go to e-bay & do a search for Celebrity Cruises, you will usually find these types of glasses up for bid (at reasonable prices). Perhaps you will find the one's you are looking for.

Good luck.

Song of Norway 4/88

Horizon 4/01

Millennium 4/03

Century 7/04

Cause they are pretty, Neal. It's a girl thing. icon_wink.gif (Although it was my Brad's idea to collect them as well!)

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean

Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja

Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia

Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska

Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja

Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera

Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

<a href="mailto:PrincessOfQAL1@aol.com"> Click here to email me

<a href="http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/princessofqal1">Celebrity Century pics

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Princess-of-Quite-alot:

Cause they are pretty, Neal. It's a girl thing. icon_wink.gif (Although it was my Brad's idea to collect them as well!)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. I use the glasses as an excuse to get more cruises. I just tell my wife that we can only get one per person per cruise so we have to take three more cruises.

Nealberk, I like the way that you think! Perhaps I'll try it.

Now that I am missing two them, does anyone want to trade? I have extras of some.

And speaking of e-bay, did anyone see that someone had their Celebrity card listed?

Cindy,

I read about the glass set on the daily newspaper. Since I was not a fan of all the daily drinks on our 10 nightcruise I took the easy way and bought the set. That way I could enjoy the mango daquiries and martinis!

I am trying to convince DH that we need a mug from each Celebrity ship, but he wants to try other cruise lines.

Debra

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dprice70:

Cindy,

I read about the glass set on the daily newspaper. Since I was not a fan of all the daily drinks on our 10 nightcruise I took the easy way and bought the set. That way I could enjoy the mango daquiries and martinis!

I am trying to convince DH that we need a mug from each Celebrity ship, but he wants to try other cruise lines.

Debra<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem with that, a mug from each ship AND a mug from each ship in each of the other lines.

There is a set of six posted on e-bay just today. As luck would have it, one of them is one that I "need." But I already have duplicates of some. What's a girl to do? Decisions, decisions.

Denham33, what about 10, 11 or 14 night cruises? I would like to know the reason behind 7, it seems like an odd number to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cindy G:

There is a set of six posted on e-bay just today. As luck would have it, one of them is one that I "need." But I already have duplicates of some. What's a girl to do? Decisions, decisions.

Denham33, what about 10, 11 or 14 night cruises? I would like to know the reason behind 7, it seems like an odd number to me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Put in a bid. As long as the price is less than that of another cruise, you are doing good, right? icon_wink.gif On the other hand, you might want to just pick them up yourself on the ship during your next cruise.

Archived