Ok friends give me opinions

countryflower

Thanks for all your replies. I feel somehow insecure about it.The outfited is for a AOS cruise. My husband think it look really nice on me. Cruising for me is not a yearly thing I have to work very hard to go in a vacation like this and I dont go to formal activities very often (or maybe is never) so buying a really formal attire for me is a waste of money. I brought a really nice shoes and accesories for the jump . I think it will work.

Thanks for all your replies. I feel somehow insecure about it.The outfited is for a AOS cruise. My husband think it look really nice on me. Cruising for me is not a yearly thing I have to work very hard to go in a vacation like this and I dont go to formal activities very often (or maybe is never) so buying a really formal attire for me is a waste of money. I brought a really nice shoes and accesories for the jump . I think it will work.

If you like it, your husband likes it, wear it and feel beautiful. Don't listen to all we have to say, this is for you, not us :) .

Then by all means, wear it!

Have a great cruise!

Jane

I'm with those that said not appropriate for formal night. I believe that if you don't want to dress formally, or feel that buying formal clothes would be a waste of money, there are other dining venues available on the formal nights.

I'm with those that said not appropriate for formal night. I believe that if you don't want to dress formally, or feel that buying formal clothes would be a waste of money, there are other dining venues available on the formal nights.

I disagree with this and find it to be a little harsh. The OP has stated her reasons for wanting to wear this outfit and we all have seen things far more casual on formal night. I would save my advice for other venues to those who refuse to dress up beyond jeans.

I agree with LandLocked, while it's not formal, neither is dressy top and black pants, neither is a suit and tie, even a dark suit is not formal attire in the strict sense of the word, formal has a very defininative meaning.

She asked a question, got an answer, explained further and I agree with LandLocked and a bit harsh. She is makeing an effort and I'm sure there will be others in less appropriate attire than what she is showing.

While I was one of the people that said that this outfit doesn't fit the formal code, I still think it's dressy enough to wear to the main dining room and would not suggest she dine at another restaurant because of it.

As we know, the dress codes are "suggested" and the OP will find that there are people in the Main Dining Room that will be dresses less formally than she will.

Jane

Archived