2017 prices for May - September - SHOCKING 🤔

Last year (2015) whilst on board Anthem we booked a 14 night cruise on Indie around the Med (departing 14th May 2016 ) in a family suit for 5 of us that cost approx £7800...! Whilst on indie during this recent holiday we went too see the next cruise staff to book again for 2017 on either navigator or indie .... We asked for the same room and got prices from May thru till September !!! Well we're not sure what's happening but we got quoted a £10'000 for around May start of June & £15-16000 for July which is to be expected and around £11'000 for end of September 😩 Why the sudden price creep ..??

They did mention that if we booked and placed a deposit we could do a one time price match ... Which meant we could shop else where and if we got a better deal they would match it...🤔🤔

Why not just give us a deal in the first place ?

This is nothing but pure speculation, but, if I had to guess, I'd put money on it being tied to the Zika Virus. Perhaps they are hedging their bets that more families will be looking to The Med for summer vacations in order to avoid the Carribbean, and they're hoping to cash in on that.

Some of the difference is the date . August , June and July is the peak months for the Med . Therefore prices are higher . Common for all seasonal cruises . May is low season or shoulder season with fewer people traveling . Therefore prices tend to be lower.

Some of the difference is the date . August , June and July is the peak months for the Med . Therefore prices are higher . Common for all seasonal cruises . May is low season or shoulder season with fewer people traveling . Therefore prices tend to be lower.

Yes I understand the that during late June thru July & Aug are peak times

But why would a cruise jump from one fair price in 2016 too almost £3000 more for similar time in 2017 🤔🤔🤔 I know the way the deals given out this year are different then last year but shouldn't it almost equal itself out to almost the same price give or take £200-500 ?

I expect the exchange rate comes into it as well. The prices are usually US $ and I find the UK pricing normally fluctuates more with the dollar changes. With the current exchange rate I suspect that's why. I have my eye on one for next year and the us prices have stayed pretty consistent but the uk prices have risen quite a bit.

I expect the exchange rate comes into it as well. The prices are usually US $ and I find the UK pricing normally fluctuates more with the dollar changes. With the current exchange rate I suspect that's why. I have my eye on one for next year and the us prices have stayed pretty consistent but the uk prices have risen quite a bit.

One thing I did learn on our recent cruise compared to previous years is that the exchange rate this year wasn't great , I normally take some cash on board with me to put onto my on board account and all seemed fine until they gave me the figures in $$$ 's , basically the exchange rate was 1.2 and they would take 7% for taking the £££'s then another 7% for something else on top of the bad exchange rate of only 1.2 ....? Yet in the on board duty free shop all cigerttes , spirits , watches etc were at an exchange rate of 1.44 ...?

The guest relations person basically said I was getting 1 dollar for every £1 I gave him..... and told me to keep hold of my cash till I get home