Special form for cruising with son?

ARI421

Haven't cruised carnival in over 2 years? Was there a special form I need my ex husband to fill out giving me permission to bring my son with us?i tried googling but couldnt find the answer I needed.

I noticed no one has answered this so I thought I would post. There are several threads on CC about this subject. Many people will tell you to get a notarized letter. If you have your child's passport you will probably not need anything else. I took both my minor children on a cruise last year with their passports without any second glances from CCL or C&I. They are teenagers however, so you might get more attention with small children. If you want peace of mind you might get a letter.

It's always a good idea to have a notarized letter from the parent not traveling. 99% of the time you won't be asked for it, but there is always that slim chance you will so it's best to have it just in case. It's recommended by Carnival, not required so while it may delay you getting on, it shouldn't prevent you from sailing.

Edited by poobears

I'm traveling with my two teen kids and got a notarized letter from their father. I probably won't get asked for it but I now have peace of mind. I made sure my letter had my cruise itinerary with their fathers contact info in case of emergency.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app