Celebrity SUMMIT - Dec 18, 2005 - ROLL CALL!!!

BraznCdn2

What a relief!!! We were beginning to think we were going to have to hold up the rainbow flag all by ourselves... just kidding, we don't even OWN a rainbow flag.

Nice to hear from you!!! My partner (Marco) and I (Blair) live in Mississauga, just west of Toronto, Ontario. NOTE: I've included a picture of us at the bottom of this message. I'm 40 (this was a painful, humiliating and troublesome year for me... I don't care what ANYone says... turning 40 sucked!) and my partner is 36... er, no, rather, he is TURNING 40 in 4 more years (I need to keep reminding him so he knows how I felt).

We haven't booked ANY shore excursions yet... still trying to decide, which ones, if any. Have you?

Our decision to go on this cruise was really precipitated by a need for a vacation without interrupting business or work to any great impact. Personally, I'd rather be home for the holidays (hmmm, that sounded like a song to me... strike up the chorus ...uh, nevermind) ...as frustrating as it sometimes can become, I like the friends, family and decorations that is part of the whole holiday. But, as my partner has said, it'll be nice to get away from it all for once... so I've just told him we are having a Christmas Party on Dec 3rd!!! ...in lieu of the annual New Years Bash that we WON'T be having this year. I think that some of our friends and family are freaked-out that they have to find somewhere else to go for New Years.

We are on the Sky Deck in a CC Cabin, and we reserved seats for the late dinner seating. As far as reservations at the Normandie Restaurant for Christmas and/or New years, we expected that Celebrity would typically do something special for Christmas DAY and News Years EVE (buffet, or whatever). So, we thought it would be better to do reservations at the specialty dining room for Christmas EVE and New Years DAY. I wonder if there is a way to verify Celebrity's plans for the Holidays?

Hello BraznCdn2,

We are on the Penthouse deck in a 05 class cabin @ about $3000 each. I know this cruise is about 3 times more than the previous or following week, but we choose it just because of the timing. No family to fight over where we will spend Christmas...

I'm sure it will be a great cruise, but there may be more families due to the holidays. Are you at the late seating? Since this is a Millennium class cruise ship, we were thinking of reservations at the specialty dining room for Christmas and/or New years.

I'm excited that there will be at least another couple of FOD on board.

Looking forward to the trip. Have you booked any shore excursions yet?

BlairMarco.jpg

Blair (BraznCdn2) & Marco

• 1 month later...

I just read a post from a couple from Texas who say they will be on the same ship. They are traveling with a couple from France. So this makes four couples… so far. Lots of help in holding up that imaginary rainbow flag.

My partner (Tom) and I (Joe) live in Phoenix, Arizona (picture included in this post). Just remember, Tom thinks he’s the pretty one. LOL

Good point about the Normandie dining room, usually ships have special events planned for the holidays. We haven’t made any arrangements yet.

So far, we have three shore excursions booked. On Hilo (Dec. 26) we will be on the Circle of Fire & Waterfalls Helicopter Flightseeing tour, the Valley Waferfall Hiking Adventure on Kona (Dec 28), and the Princeville Waferfall Hike on Kauai (Dec 24). We are hoping that the hiking offsets the large amounts of food that we usually consume on these cruises. We also wanted to take a shore excursion on Maui, but haven’t decided on one yet.

Looking forward to meeting you both and having a wonderful cruise.

527237052_JoeandTom.jpg.8a5a4933f7ea46cedca660cba6d3a01f.jpg

Peter and I will be on the Summit for the Hawaii cruise, December 18th!

Looking forward to meeting everyone! I received word from Celebrity that there will be Friends of Dorothy news in the daily ships paper!

Everyone done packing?

Also Cirque du Soleil is doing a show onboard!!!

We leave soon for CA, then we will see you onboard!

Peter and Jim

Hi Blair & Marco,

We have booked for Christmas Eve with our friends from Nice at the Normandie Restaurant! I really feel the Summit will do something fab for the "Day" and New years Eve!

We're in a SkySuite on the Penthouse deck...packing and organizing our wardrobe right now! What to wear??? Everything!!!

See you soon!

Jim & Peter

Currently we live in Dallas, but spend a good part of the year in Tokyo working! So Hawaii will be wonderful for the holidays!

Finally!

I was beginning to think that you boys backed out of the cruise. Glad to hear you will be on board Joe & Tom!

Hi Jim & Peter! Great to see that there are more people joining us!

We found out only a few weeks ago that my VERY cool and gay-friendly neighbours, Hyacinth (60) and Lennox (64) and their daughter Karen (29) decided to travel with us! You will all like them alot, I'm sure!

We are in a huge panic trying to decide WHAT to wear and subsequently what to pack. It's always the same dilemma before every cruise!

We totally relate to the packing "thing" and what to wear! Since we have 2 walk-in closets of clothes, you would think we would have no problem,, But off to Neiman Marcus, Nordstroms and Saks we went.

Found a great Perry Ellis black velvet dinner jacket for Peter. The trick now is to decide how many suitcases to pack. (Especially for the skin & haircare products..very important)!

Looking forward to meeting you and your friends!

Jim & Peter

Pic575131.JPG.f38897fdb92667f941ebec823691e5fd.JPG

Archived