ST46 Caribbean Sea Safari & Snorkel St. Thomas

CurrenceDreams

My sister and I did this excursion Sept 2015. It was fantastic! The guides were nice and knowledgeable & one snorkeled with us to help spot turtles. Afterwards, the rum punch flowed and was quite good (this boat is sponsored by Captain Morgan). Next, we cruised over to Honeymoon Beach for 45 min or so to swim. There was an open-air café where you could purchase food, which was yummy. I enjoyed this excursion so much, I'm doing it again this September!!

Edited by Got2GoGo

Thank you so much for all the details! We're also cruising this September on the Fantasy Sept. 24th :) Do you feel it was kid friendly? We have a 7 and 9 year old. Also, is there just one time that you can sign up for? If so, do you remember the time? Sorry for all the questions... super grateful! Thanks again!

There were LOTS of kids on this excursion last year. It depends on how adventuresome your children are and if they can swim. Everyone received a floatation vest (not as big as a life jacket, but plenty of buoyancy), mask, snorkel and fins. We were in about 12 feet of water where the boat anchored, but the shoreline isn't too far away if shallow water is preferred. The guide was great with the kids! She would dive down and bring up things like sea urchins for us to look at (but not touch!) and tell us all about each creature we spotted. It was borderline educational - LOL.

I don't know if Disney offers this excursion multiple times per day. You learn your meeting time when you get to your stateroom and the tickets are on the desk. I think we left late morning and were back early afternoon.

We just did this excursion in April on the Magic. My husband and I very much enjoyed it. We saw several sea turtles and even though there were several other excursion boats with us, we never felt over crowded snorkeling. Honeymoon Beach was wonderful and gorgeous and not crowded at all. Where we anchored, it was about chest high water so we only brought towels with us to the beach. They left the pitchers of the rum punch easily accessible though while at the beach.

Just a tip, sit inside the catamaran unless you want to get soaked by the spray of the waves. This is looking out from the bow of the catamaran at Honeymoon. [emoji7]

8e83eeaee221b3f5e661fbc959f7d04a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow! What an amazing picture!!

Thank you for all the details! It makes me wonder..when swimming to shore at Honeymoon, is it possible to take a bag? It doesn't sound like it...was hoping to take some sunscreen and little things. I guess you can hold the towels above your head?

Thank you!!!