Equinox

george35

Going on transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to Barcellona, my questions are how much is cab fare from the pier to the airport in Barcellona & we are undecided if we will stay in Barcellona for a day or two, any recomendations on where to stay?( I cant afford those $500 a night hotels ). Any help will be GREAT.

george35

Taxi has been between 20 and 40 euros from a hotel on La Rambles. There are other cheaper options of a airport bus from Plaza Catalunya the head of

La Rambles. I have stayed 3 times in Barcelona and two of those times were at the Hotel Regina about $170 a night and might come with breakfast. It is just off plaza Catalunya and star bucks is near by and some off the strip restaurants as well. My first visit was from TA ending and then a tour to Monserrat on debarkation day and it left me off in Plaza Catalunya an easy walk to the hotel.

Barcelona is an easy walk to many attractions and the hop off and on bus is OK but can get crowded at the favorite attractions.

IMHO stay at least 4 days in Barcelona it is a great city, but watch for Pick pockets LOL. There is a great food tour you can book and a flamenco show with dinner is great also.

PS we live near you

Edited by north29

Thank you north29. We have never been to Barcellona, is there a language barrier on the buses or taxis?

george35

Most taxi drivers speak some English. I show them the address of the hotel. Never a problem.

We also use a bidding website to book our hotels. Their "price" is quite a lot less than rack rate hotels.

Thank you north29. We have never been to Barcellona, is there a language barrier on the buses or taxis?

george35

They speak the best Spansih I've heard !!!

Though all joke on the side, we stayed in Barcelona last year for 4 days after our cruise, we stayed in the HCC Monte Blanc. I would totally recommend it, you should google it. Also there is a great restaurant next door.

best regards

Debbie

We were just on the Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona TA on the Equinox. Great cruise.

We stayed 3 days in Barcelona and rented an 3 brm apartment on AirBnB for the four of us which worked out to about $75 per couple per night. There are lots of housing options in Barcelona. You can also use Trip Advisor to find accomodations in your price range.

You can take the train to the airport and save some money. The subway system connects with a separate train that goes to the airport. We took a cab from the port to our apartment and it was about $20 euro.

Edited by milkman55