Dune Buggy tour

Sara256

• 8 months later...

Just back from Roatan and did a dune buggy (sand rail) tour! And it was a BLAST!!!! Booked it thru Rony's but it was actually done with Let's Buggy Tour at g mail. So much fun but be prepared to come back DIRTY. It had rained the night before so we had extra fun! $75 per person if you share, $100 each if you drive your own. Hubby and I are on the fluffy side and honestly did not fit in one, so I drove my own and it was so much better! They took us up into the mountains and then down to the beach. We stopped in an open area by the beach that had some standing water and told us to go to town. Only asked that we "tried" to stay out of the deeper water. We literally were scooping mud/sand off of ourselves and then throwing it at each other. I have never been so dirty in my life but haven't laughed that hard in a while either. After that we went down on the beach and stopped for a bit. We all got in to wash off as best we could, had a Gatorade that was provided, relaxed for a bit and then went on. We were gone for over 2 hours, which I guess is longer than usual, as the gal at home base was getting worried something had happened. Our driver with Rony then took us to West Bay for a bit of beach time at Ronny's Barefeet Restaurant and Bar. It was good and relaxing but the beach/water area wasn't the greatest. Pretty but too many boats around. We each paid our driver $25 at the end of the tour. Probably could have done it cheaper but well worth it anyway