On the Glory! Any Questions While It's Fresh?

lorgir

Wondering if there is a lobby bartender on board name Pinky. Also who are the alchemists?

Thanks!

I saw Pinky standing outside when I was waiting for my Uber ride in February. She was with some other Crew members and there were a bunch of suitcases so she might have been going home. Or maybe she was just around others that were. Onboard she mostly worked at the aft pool bar.

Hi lorgir. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ! I'm glad you are having a great time on your 1st. cruise. Cruising is a wonderful way to see the world. Great job on your review. I'm sure there will be many more cruises in your future. Gary:)

we don't sail for another 82 days......i'm wondering what ship feature was your favorite, and what thing underwhelmed you the most.

I'm not ignoring you, but this will take some thought. :) I'll sit down tomorrow, collect my mental notes and let you know.

I will say this---there wasn't much I can complain about. I overheard someone saying that they were polishing a turd as we embarked while some crew members were touching up some exterior paint. I think that's a very unfair assessment. The staff were delightful and the ship is beautiful. Worn in places, sure, but one should expect a bit of that in an older ship.

Wondering if there is a lobby bartender on board name Pinky. Also who are the alchemists?

Thanks!

I didn't see Pinky, but that doesn't mean she wasn't there. We're not huge drinkers and usually ordered drinks from the Ivory since that's where Resting Beach Face was a majority of the time. We only went to the Alchemy once. Sorry I can't answer your questions. If I were still on the ship, I would have looked for you.

Yes. I'd love to be back on the ship. :)

Hi lorgir. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ! I'm glad you are having a great time on your 1st. cruise. Cruising is a wonderful way to see the world. Great job on your review. I'm sure there will be many more cruises in your future. Gary:)

Thanks!!! Yes. There will cruises in the future. Definitely!

Thank you for the intel on the air conditioning situation! Interesting regarding the rain. You are right Carnival can't control Mother Nature the way we can't in the airline business!Last September I took my cruise on the Breeze-Eastern Caribbean. And most of the islands were having drought conditions. Sorry that the rain was continuous. I've been very lucky on my six cruises, all Carnival weather wise. The rain events seemed to be at night while sailing. On my Conquest cruise in 2014, my first ever ocean view cabin it was a bit choppy and active one night and it was cool feeling and seeing the waves lap the ship below my window "enthusiastically." And I've always wondered if the room thermostats actually worked. I always keep mind all the way in the blue!:)

My husband and I often wondered if we really controlled our own room temps. :) We got back in the room after getting completely soaked in San Juan, then walking through the arctic port building then walking through the AC of the ship. We turned the dial to the red and there was sort of warmish air filling the room. Other than that, our room seemed to be the same temp as the hallway. It was comfortable regardless.

Hi,

Did you have a refrigerator in your stateroom? And was it empty?

I read on Heald's blog a while back that all refrigerators will be empty from now on for our own use. I hope so.

It seems that they would be spending too much time with people coming to the guest services to complain that they had nothing from the fridge but they were still charged. They should just have them empty.

We sailed the Glory 2 years ago and sailing again in Feb. 2017 on the Blogger's cruise.

Thank you.

Hi,

Did you have a refrigerator in your stateroom? And was it empty?

I read on Heald's blog a while back that all refrigerators will be empty from now on for our own use. I hope so.

It seems that they would be spending too much time with people coming to the guest services to complain that they had nothing from the fridge but they were still charged. They should just have them empty.

We sailed the Glory 2 years ago and sailing again in Feb. 2017 on the Blogger's cruise.

Thank you.

The fridge was fully stocked. The interesting thing is that we took one Coke and one beer and never got charged.

Thank you. I am hoping by the time we sail it will be empty. We bring our own pop because they don't have what we like. And we will order their bottled water to be delivered to our room. We always hate asking the steward to do extra work and have it emptied. Will see.

Thank you. I am hoping by the time we sail it will be empty. We bring our own pop because they don't have what we like. And we will order their bottled water to be delivered to our room. We always hate asking the steward to do extra work and have it emptied. Will see.

It worked out OK for us. We ordered bottled water, but we're weird....we like it room temp or over ice. We're diet Dew drinkers and thought about taking a 12 pack on board, but decided against it last minute. I'm glad we did so we didn't have to empty the fridge.

I think empty fridges would be a better option. I've read a lot of posts saying the fridges aren't very cold, but ours was. It would have been nice to utilize it without the extra work for the steward.

Don't miss sea day brunch in MDR - awesome food.

We sail Glory in October - Is there a menu for the Fish/Chips? I recall there are really limited times it's open, so any hints on hours of operation? Thanks.. AND ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR CRUISE!!:)

This is the first time I've been on a computer since I started this thread and I see that my pictures are tiny and that F&C menu is unreadable!

I'm sorry. Just know...the fish is excellent. They had fried oysters, calamari fritters and obviously, the fish. I tried the fish and the fritters. They also had ceviche as I mentioned before and a cold tuna and watermelon thing that was really good!

Hope that helps.

Were there formal nights on your cruise?

We are cruising in November,

Western Caribbean for my boyfriends 50th birthday.

Can you take pics of your fun times and send here or via email?

Two cruise elegant nights.

I will try to post the fun times, but I have to figure out how to post decent pictures. I'll give it a whirl in a bit! Enjoy your cruise!

we don't sail for another 82 days......i'm wondering what ship feature was your favorite, and what thing underwhelmed you the most.

OK.

Favorites:

Food: Guy's, Fish & Chips, dessert buffets

Entertainment: the dive-in movies. We went to a couple shows, but the movies were great. Sitting under the stars with my sweetie. We had the best time doing this. We saw Spectre, Star Wars: TFA (Yes, for about the 5th time) and Zootopia. We also went to a couple of the musical shows and they were good. Motor City was good. Fun. I posted the entertainment schedule in the post above. We didn't go to any of the comedy as the PG was during our late dining and we weren't interested in going to the raunchier comedy shows.

I knew going into this that we just wanted to chill. So, we did.

Underwhelmed with:

Food: American Table. The food was good. But not, "WOW! That was a the best thing ever!" We went every night with the exception of the first night when we went to the Steakhouse. We went because we liked the appetizers, desserts, our wait staff and the company. Our table mates were great as were our waiters. I will say that lobster tail night was good. They were cooked nicely. I also got the Flatiron one night and it was good. We ate the heck out of the appetizers. They were amazing.

Entertainment: I can't really say because we didn't go to much. We watched a smidge of Eric's comedy and magic. It was cute, but we were headed out to sit in our favorite lounging spot. We were just so excited to not have a schedule. We really just enjoyed each other.

Oh...honorable mentions: Pizza, room service wings and the two sweet girls that worked at the coffee shop. One thought Forrest Gump was a real person. We didn't burst her bubble. The coffee was also very reasonably priced and good.

Edited by lorgir
To add more information

How was the pool deck situation, especially for sea days? Were there a lot of chair hogs and were any measures to monitor/address them in place?

Glad you enjoyed your cruise! I'm loving the updates.

How was the pool deck situation, especially for sea days? Were there a lot of chair hogs and were any measures to monitor/address them in place?

Glad you enjoyed your cruise! I'm loving the updates.

I can't take too much sun and my husband revels in it. We found a win/win on deck ten aft starboard side. There are chairs under an overhead and chairs along the rail in the sun. We had no problem finding chairs anytime there. Even on sea days. Plus, a short trip down the covered stairway took you right to the aft pool/bar/food/drink centers/restrooms/etc.

It appeared that even the lido had plenty of chairs available, but we didn't spend much time there during the day. As far as people holding chairs, we didn't see any abuse. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, but we had no trouble.

To answer specifically about pool decks, like the lido, they were crowded. The aft pool was constantly full. But, I didn't have occasion to see any follow through with the 40 minute rule.

Thanks for kindly answering all our questions! We're booked on the Glory in August and have read some comments about a pretty bad vibration in the aft portion of the ship caused by the engines. Can you confirm? Or was it not noticeable enough? I ask because one reviewer from a cruise in April said it was so bad one night, glassware was vibrating off the tables in the MDR and hitting the floor :eek:!

Thanks for kindly answering all our questions! We're booked on the Glory in August and have read some comments about a pretty bad vibration in the aft portion of the ship caused by the engines. Can you confirm? Or was it not noticeable enough? I ask because one reviewer from a cruise in April said it was so bad one night, glassware was vibrating off the tables in the MDR and hitting the floor :eek:!

Yes the vibration aft is significant. I never experienced that kind of shaking in the Platinum MDR on any of my Glory cruises although you could feel it.

I purposefully book my cabin aft and on either deck 1 or 2 because I like the constant noise. Most people hate it back there because it does get really loud and the vibration/movement can make some people nauseous.

Edited by firemanbobswife

It was significant. We dined in the Platinum deck 3. We were at a table right in the middle of the room. It was really bad on day 2. Other than that it was noticeable, but not enough to really care about. Our room was midship and no vibration at all. The higher up you went in the aft section, the better it got. Stands to reason, I guess. The Steakhouse, for instance wasn't shaky at all.