Breakaway - Best Bartender...?

I'm just over a month away from my sailing and thinking about my previous cruise experiences. I've only sailed Carnival before, and the last time was on the Fascination - Tommy the bartender was absolutely amazing. He was friendly, willing to share about his life and family and ask about mine, and even made some special goodies (moving oragami and roses out of the dailies) for my youngest daughter who joined me several times for Shirley temples. Heck, he even made it a point to introduce me to several officers so I could practice my Italian with them. I don't plan on being a barfly, but being that I'm cruising with my family, and dh's sister and her family, AND his parents, I might need some time away! Which bartender would you recommend I seek out? Is there someone who you found yourself looking forward to talking to at the end of a busy day?

[YOUTUBE]n[/YOUTUBE]

Chips Ahoy is my favorite, too.

Hey I'm from Quincy but have moved to Whitman! Looks like you have been on the Dawn a lot! We've done two of the repo cruises back up to Boston and met Chips Ahoy there and then we saw him again on the Breakaway. Do you know if he is still there?

[YOUTUBE]n[/YOUTUBE]

Hey I'm from Quincy but have moved to Whitman! Looks like you have been on the Dawn a lot! We've done two of the repo cruises back up to Boston and met Chips Ahoy there and then we saw him again on the Breakaway. Do you know if he is still there?

You are right down route 18!!

I haven't done a repo yet, waiting on the Boston to Nola, Nov 2017 to post, then we are booking that one!! We are booked Boston to Bermuda for this October with 20 friends, I cant wait!!

I don't know where Chips is these days. I asked the Pearly Kings bartender in May and he said he hasn't heard from him in a while. I wish he would come back to the DAWN!!

I second Eddy at Prime Meridian. Nicest gentleman, treated my wife and I royally, taught us some things about what we were drinking, and worked so hard we dubbed him "fast Eddy".

Prime Meridian is a nice quiet bar for relaxing as well.

Just off Breakaway June 5, 2016 - my nephew and his girlfriend LOVED Anita in the Atrium. It was their first cruise and she made it a great experience for them. I finally got to meet her the last full day, would have been disappointed if I hadn't.

• 1 year later...