Getaway review with pictures May 22-29

tropical83

For Roatan we booked Tabyana Beach through the cruise line. It included lunch and snorkeling gear in the price. It wasn't that cheap though, but ours was in Canadian funds. I think we paid about $100 a person but that would be cheaper in US funds. I'm sure you could get a taxi to take you to the beach as well.

For Goff's Caye in Belize we booked through Island Marketing online and it was only $40 a person!

Thanks! I will check online. By chance do you recall (or does anyone else know) if there were tour operators right outside the port if we decide that day?

Thanks! I will check online. By chance do you recall (or does anyone else know) if there were tour operators right outside the port if we decide that day?

You're welcome. Yes there was in Belize for sure. In Roatan we met our NCL tour pretty much right when we got off the ship and they took us to the bus right away. But I'm sure there were tour operators there as well!

Fantastic review ... the islands you visited look amazing. We are hopefully going on Getaway for a transatlantic in Oct 2017. Looks a great ship. Loved all your photos - thanks for sharing :D:D:D:D

Thanks! I'm sure you'll love the Getaway.

Day 6 – Cozumel

When I woke up we were already docked in Cozumel

IMG_4733_zpsobfnljpv.jpg

IMG_4734_zpsjsq0rxbx.jpg

Today we had the Cozumel bar hop booked. It was $57 a person. We had instructions to meet at Senor Frogs at the Punta Langosta Pier which was perfect because that is the pier that NCL docks at. We were to meet at 10:30 am which was a good time. We met our friends at the Flamingo grill for breakfast before we headed off the ship. I think there was 18 people total on the tour. We rode in an air conditioned bus to the "other side" of the island, away from the tourist area. This side of the island has no electricity, just some beach bars! The tour took us to 4 different beach bars, and a welcome shot was included at each stop as well as Cozumel Bar Hop T shirts. If you wanted additional drinks or any food, you would have to pay that on your own. Cash only! The prices were decent, not too expensive.

The tour guide was Colleen and the driver was Pedro. Colleen was a great guide, she gave us some history on the way there and she kept things interesting and funny. She was also a fellow Canadian. Although she has lived in Cozumel for years now.

The third stop was called Playa Bonita. I didn't take pictures here. There wasn't really much to the place lol.

The last stop was called Rastas, again not many pictures here.

IMG_4831_zps2qxlmmph.jpg

IMG_4827_zpssvepdzrj.jpg

The two first stops were definitely a lot better than the last two. I'd say we were at each stop for about 45 minutes. When the tour was over, they dropped us off right back at our pier. There were a few others from different cruise lines at different piers and they offered to drop them off right at their piers as well.

Overall the tour was fun, it was a great way to see the natural beauty of the island and get away from the touristy shopping area!

When we got back on the ship we went to the Garden Café for a snack then headed up to Spice H20 yet again. Along the side of the bar, there are some nice little couches and tables to sit and enjoy the view of the water. We sat there for a while and relaxed before it was time to get ready for the night.

I found 1 picture of the area I'm talking about, sorry its not the best

IMG_4863_zpshtisfeyg.jpg

Another beautiful day

IMG_4864_zpsqz8eadlu.jpg

We checked out the menus for the main dining rooms and nothing really appealed to us. They have the menus posted outside of the restaurants daily. So we decided we would just go to the Garden Café. Again, plenty of options. They have a pasta bar where they make you what you want. I just kept it simple and got some noodles with meat sauce and it was really good! Some salad and veggies on the side and that was enough for me!

Pretty Sunset

IMG_4696_zpstmge7w5z.jpg

IMG_4697_zpsz3mqpblc.jpg

IMG_4698_zpszrar68rk.jpg

After we ate we just roamed around and went up to Spice H20 early because the Glow Party would be happening and we wanted to get a good spot. We grabbed a table in the area I mentioned to you earlier in the review, which again is a great spot if you want to be in the action, but don't want to be out on the dance floor. It is also close to the bar! I'll post the picture of the tables again:

IMG_4759_zps4hkfr5go.jpg

Spice H20 was PACKED for the Glow Party. It was pretty cool, and we had a lot of fun dancing in our seats and just taking it all in. Before the party started they had people doing face painting with glow in the dark paint. They also gave out some glow sticks during the party.

IMG_4837_zps3hkscjx0.jpg

IMG_4853_zpse4z969fm.jpg

IMG_4854_zps81hegjos.jpg

IMG_4840_zpsauembyle.jpg

After the party calmed down we made our way to the bar and hung out there and talked with the bartender Joao. Once the Spice H20 bar closed we headed inside and ended up at Bliss night club again lol. Stayed there for a while, went back to our room and ordered some room service pizza. Again, enjoyed the balcony while waiting for the pizza then ate it out there as well. I love having a balcony so much! This was another really late night, we didn't go to bed until about 3:30am! Its hard to want to go to bed when you are enjoying yourself so much and you know your cruise is coming to an end.

Our towel animal for the night

IMG_4832_zpsi4eshbys.jpg

IMG_4833_zpsjkbxovat.jpg

Day 7 – Sea Day

I woke up at about 11:30 am since we went to bed so late. I forced myself to get up right away because I didn't want to waste anymore of our last day sleeping. I didn't bother going to eat right away, I just headed straight to Spice H20 to get a lounger and some sun. My friends were already out there and I was able to get a seat right next to them. My husband met us up there shortly after. The boys spent most of the day between the bar and the waterfall feature and us girls went from the loungers, to the bar, to the waterfall. It was a gorgeous day yet again and very relaxing! Ah I miss it so much! At one point we did go to the Garden Café for lunch. I remember that I did get a burger from the grill this day and it was pretty good! I'd also like to mention that my feet and ankles were looking the best they had since the swelling started. Maybe skipping the main dining room dinners and the soups 2 days in a row helped?

Another gorgeous day. The weather was great the whole trip!

IMG_4857_zps1nnkv0cc.jpg

IMG_4856_zps3zxy86vh.jpg

Edited by tropical83

At some point during the day my husband brought me this drink. I don't know what it was called but it was SO GOOD. After my first sip I thought why didn't I try this drink earlier? But then again maybe it was a good thing that I didn't. I don't even want to know how many calories were in it!

IMG_4860_zps1idg7ui7.jpg

Anyways we stayed at Spice H20 until almost 6pm then went to get ready for the night.

IMG_4862_zpsealg0lpb.jpg

614a1632-593e-4a2d-9ba8-0847cd0cd771_zps1suqdpfv.jpg

I miss this view!

IMG_4887_zps4pyoc8jw.jpg

After that we had dinner at the Tropicana Room. I just ordered the shrimp rigatoni again, which I had the first night. There wasn't really anything else I wanted and that was one of the options that was on the menu every night. For dessert I had to have the warm chocolate lava cake one last time. I believe we all ordered it!

We walked around the inside of the ship for a while

IMG_4922_zpswyhfwelk.jpg

IMG_4682_zpsuqbxgnkh.jpg

Later on we went to Howl at the Moon and I would say we stayed about an hour. It was our last night so we just had to make sure we spent more time at the Spice H20 bar with Joao. There was also a Farewell party going on.

IMG_4891_zpscbh9frkr.jpg

The bar closed at 1am and we made sure to get a picture with Joao before we said our goodbyes.

IMG_4893_zps6jyz6gyf.jpg

After Bliss we walked through 678 Ocean place. It was quiet so we took some pictures

77b0f5a0-ebd2-488f-9471-d01ba0fafb4f_zpsf2fchzvg.jpg

d30c01b3-57f6-4380-9fc9-3d59adb84e10_zpszn61zffr.jpg

aa5f8d8b-fc68-4fe2-ade9-f004d324d6e9_zpsltyzbdua.jpg

We still weren't ready for bed so O'Sheehans it was. We stayed there for a short time. It was already 3 am and we had to do the self disembark in the morning so had planned to get off the ship at 8am. We went our separate ways back to our rooms. We enjoyed the balcony one more time, then went to bed at 4am. We didn't get a towel animal this night for some reason just like we didn't get one the first night.

Here are the 5 towel animals we did get during the cruise

IMG_4834_zpsoymrch1x.jpg

Morning came quick and it was time to leave this beautiful ship. SO SAD! Self Disembark was pretty easy and it didn't take very long to get off the ship. Off to the airport we went and vacation was officially over.

Great pic of all you guys with Joao! The crew members work so hard nonstop and it's nice to see that you guys made a personal connection.

Thanks! And yes they do work so hard! There was a few times on the cruise I saw some people at the bars being so impatient and yelling at the bartenders. I hated seeing that. Its not like they were standing there doing nothing, they were busy serving the people that were there first and working as fast as they could.

Thanks! And yes they do work so hard! There was a few times on the cruise I saw some people at the bars being so impatient and yelling at the bartenders. I hated seeing that. Its not like they were standing there doing nothing, they were busy serving the people that were there first and working as fast as they could.

I saw the same thing! Some people are just rude and inconsiderate. The crew often works without a day off, spending months away from their families, and don't deserve attitude from people who can't wait two minutes for a drink.