SUPER BOWL festivities on the Dawn/Spirit?

CatskillsMom

Have not booked our cruise yet but if we are sailing during the Super Bowl on Feb 6. my husband will toss me overboard if he can't watch it! Particularily if it involves the NY Giants. (unlikely but you never know;))

Do the ships air it and plan anything special around it?

Thanks!

CATSKILLMOM:

I don't know if NCL has capability of telecasting the game,however, last year when we sailed on HAL, we was able to watch the Steeler/Jets game. I guess what it boils down to is if NCL is able to pickup the coverage via satelite. I hope this sheds some light on your problem. May all your crises be PLEASNT & MEMORABLE ones. Happy Sailing.

The Super Bowl is a major sports event in America, you would think the sports bar will be showing it, at least, if not in every room.

But, here's a big warning, the Super Bowl is brodcasted over one major American television networks, which NCL usually doesn't show. Usually, the TVs on NCL ships only get the Internatonal ESPN feed. It's possible, the International ESPN feed will have the Super Bowl, but I'm not sure it does.

Has anyone else cruised on a NCL ship on Super Bowl day?

Hi All,

I was on the Sky in 2003 deep southern caribbean during Super Bowl Sunday. Yes, they did show it on the TV & big screen on deck. I sat at the pool deck watching the tv @ topsiders. It was a lot of fun with all the other people getting into the game. I think as long as the signal comes in they will air the game.

Has anyone else cruised on a NCL ship on Super Bowl day?

we've cruised during playoff time and they (the IT crew) make every effort to have the game on-everyone is real nervous until it finally shows up-I think they (NCL) have to pay extra for the feed.

There's always a big crowd in the pearly Kings Pub and I do believe its in the cabins too-

I wouldn't worry too much. I checked their intineraries, the Spirit will be in Tortola, British Virgin Islands and the Dawn will be in Roseau, Dominica that day. I can't imagine having a Sports Bar on a cruise ship that wouldn't broadcast the biggest game of the year.....

The Dawn has the Pearly Kings Pub and the Spirit had the Bund (supposed to be renamed during this drydock). I say go on the cruise, happily, telling your husband the game will be show at the sports bar....

On RCI Serenade of the Sea's they showed the World Series on TV's during a NY to Canada cruise.

On Delta Queens's American Queen they showed the Super Bowl during a NO to Baton Rouge cruise.

While neither one of these are NCL...My point is that all cruise lines make every effort to broadcast both the World Series and Super Bowl.

basketball finals and they showed as many games as possible. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to get the game. You may not be watching the Giants, but I hope you'll be watching Eli's brother take the Colts to the Super Bowl this year!

Archived