Staying in for an extra week....

Hi everyone, we went on our first cruise (Island Escape) last year and absolutely LOVED it! We're booked to go on the Spirit at the end of July.

Last year on the cruise, my hubby got talking to a lady who was offered an extra week when she arrived at a massively reduced price. Is this usual?? I'm getting my hopes up now about staying for two weeks! xx

Hi everyone, we went on our first cruise (Island Escape) last year and absolutely LOVED it! We're booked to go on the Spirit at the end of July.

Last year on the cruise, my hubby got talking to a lady who was offered an extra week when she arrived at a massively reduced price. Is this usual?? I'm getting my hopes up now about staying for two weeks! xx

Doubt it, been on spirit a lot and never heard of this its always full very popular ship

We got off Spirit this morning. Tried to add a second week but told the ship was fuil. Ditto on Dream last July.

Never heard of this happening before.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Never heard of this happening before.

Possibly a very late cancellation and they were "in the right place at the right time" situation.

I have seen it on a 1 week cruise we were on in April 2014; they offered an extra week at an exceptional price; I assume they would sort out the flight changes etc for you?!

I have also seen it offered on another line we sail with - if you are not working & can just stay onboard, it must be a great opportunity!

I have seen it on a 1 week cruise we were on in April 2014; they offered an extra week at an exceptional price; I assume they would sort out the flight changes etc for you?

Was the April 2014 offer available to all passengers, or only to a selected target audience where a change of return flight could be accommodated ?