Cabin 10000 on tne Dawn

gladtobecruising

My better half and I will be travling on 2/12/06 and have this cabin booked would like to here good and bad... Any tips????? Thanks....

You are going to love it. Here are some details.

Cabin 10000

Crib (1)

Queen Size Bed (1)

Duvet

Refrigerator (1)

Hair Dryer (1)

Telephone (1)

Safety Deposit Box (1)

Television (1)

Cabin Square Footage (378)

Private Balcony (1)

Bathtub (1)

CD Library (1)

Stereo/CD Player (1)

Balcony Square Footage (135)

Butler Service

Concierge

Dining room area (1)

Livingroom area (1)

Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors (1)

Oceanview Stateroom

Forward Section

Starboard Side

Studio Bedroom with a curtain (1)

Pier forward

Sprinklers

Shower (1)

Embarkation

> 1 Bottle of Domestic Champagne

> 1 Floral Arrangement

> 1 Small Tray of Hors D'oeuvres

> 1 Fruit Basket*

> 1 Bottle of Spring Water

> >

> Bath Amenities (L'Occitane)

> Cotton ball & Q-Tip

> Shampoo

> Conditioner

> Bath Gel

> Moisturizing Lotion

> Milk Facial Soap 1.7 oz (20% Shea butter)

> Verbena Soap 3.5 oz (20% Shea Butter)

> Bath salts, presented in container

> Loofah Mitt

> Shower Cap

> Sewing Kit

> Shoe Shine Mitt

>

> Other

> Butler Service

> Concierge Service

> DVD & CD Player

> DVD & CD Library

> Alarm Clock

> Bathroom Scale

> Bath Robes (Upgraded Robe)

> Feather Pillows

> Upgraded linen

> 24 hr Room Service (Suite menu)

> Full Breakfast Menu

> Turn Down Food Amenity-Formal Night

> In-Suite Dining

>

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/tours/norwegiandawn/phac.htm

here is the virtual tour.

We had booked the AC for our next cruise but just changed to the AB-

I believe the AC is the same as an AD-which we had last cruise-very nice for 2 pax. You''ll have a concierge and a butler to help you. If you have specific questions just ask-You'll have a wonderful time!

I was in 9002 on the 9/11 cruise, one to the right and one deck down. From what I understand, the AC's on 10 have more space inside and a smaller balcony. We loved it and really enjoyed the perks. The services of the butler and concierge were great, we had a hot breakfast in our cabin everyday and dinner several times. I know some people have said that the wind was an issue in the AC's but we didn't have a problem. We slept with the door opened every night but one (when it rained)

Hi,

My DH and I just got an upsell to cabin 10000 for the December 1 cruise on the Dawn. We are very excited about this cruise as it is our first on NCL. I would also love to hear from anyone that has had this cabin.

I'll be sure to post a detailed review with pictures when we return. We'll try to keep the cabin in ship shape condition for you. :)

Kelly

Ceallaigh,

Congrats on your upsell. We had that cabin for a day before we got an upsell to the Owner's Suite 10506. We're gonna be neighbors on the 12/1/05 cruise. We hope to meet you at the Meet & Greet on 12/2/05 kin the Star Bar. Maybe we could take a peek at what an AC cabin looks like and we can show you our Owner's Suite.

You're gonna love the front balcony when we get to the warm weather. Plenty of room. The Butler service is great.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Baitman,

I'm also looking forward to meeting everyone at the meet and greet. :) I'd love to get a peek at your owner's suite and would be happy to show the AC. We're still hopeful that we may be able to upgrade to an owner's suite, but if not this will do just fine.

I am looking forward to the forward facing balcony. The views will be amazing I'm sure.

I'm still hoping to hear from someone that has stayed in this cabin. We're really getting excited now...less than six weeks to go!

Kelly

Baitman,

I'm also looking forward to meeting everyone at the meet and greet. :) I'd love to get a peek at your owner's suite and would be happy to show the AC. We're still hopeful that we may be able to upgrade to an owner's suite, but if not this will do just fine.

I am looking forward to the forward facing balcony. The views will be amazing I'm sure.

I'm still hoping to hear from someone that has stayed in this cabin. We're really getting excited now...less than six weeks to go!

Kelly

Kelly,

The forward balcony is great, you'll love it if you have nice weather. It might be a little chilly going and coming from NY, but not bad if you sit back toward the wall. We just returned from the Dawn 9506 on Oct. 19, and we used the forward balcony every day. Didn't use the side balcony as much as we did in December last time. Once you get down south, you shouldn't have a problem at all.

We did see 9000 which is directly below your cabin and it was great. You will have a wonderful time.

Jackie:cool:

http://community.webshots.com/user/angeljt

Kelly,

The forward balcony is great, you'll love it if you have nice weather. It might be a little chilly going and coming from NY, but not bad if you sit back toward the wall. We just returned from the Dawn 9506 on Oct. 19, and we used the forward balcony every day. Didn't use the side balcony as much as we did in December last time. Once you get down south, you shouldn't have a problem at all.

We did see 9000 which is directly below your cabin and it was great. You will have a wonderful time.

http://community.webshots.com/user/angeljt

Make sure you go to the CC Meeting. We met some really nice people that we hung out with through the cruise. Also met more at the Martini Clinic. Tell Benny and Cheche that Jackie & Terry from Boston said HI.

Anglejt,

We'll pass on the hello's to Bennie and Cheche for you. We're really looking forward to the front facing balcony, especially pulling into ports. It should be a fantastic view.

We'll be sure to attend the CC meeting. We love getting to know people on the ship.

Thanks!

Kelly

We were in Cabin 10000 and it was fantastic! The view from your balcony is the best as you are right below the bridge and you see everything as the captain would!

When the ship is underway between NYC and the southern ports, it will probably be too windy and cold. However, once you hit the warmer weather, you will really appreciate this cabin.

Don

Anglejt,

We'll pass on the hello's to Bennie and Cheche for you. We're really looking forward to the front facing balcony, especially pulling into ports. It should be a fantastic view.

We'll be sure to attend the CC meeting. We love getting to know people on the ship.

Thanks!

Kelly

Kelly,

I'm sure you're getting pretty excited about your cruise. The ship docks early in some of the ports, so if you want to see them pulling in, make sure you get your coffee and breakfast delivered a bit before as a wake up call. The forward balcony really is great for viewing and you're going to love it.

Jackie :cool:

Jackie, is that you? Where are the new pics? Post..Post Pleeeease.:D

I want to know EVERYTHING!!!

Amy,

Yes, it's really me!!! We had an amazing time and it was over way too soon.

I am trying to go through my pics (over 700 of them) and sort so there aren't a lot of duplicates. I have a tendency to overshoot to make sure I get that 'perfect' shot. ha ha.... We took our laptop and downloaded every day or two so I would have plenty of room on my memory cards. Worked out very well except that I didn't want to spend the time editing them on the ship.

Denny(your butler), Irene(your cabin stewardess), Gene (your assistant cabin steward) and Claudio (your concierge) were all fantastic. Benny and Cheche will still be in the Star Bar, but Sylvia has gone home for her vacation. Make sure you go to the Martini Clinics. If the Garden Villas are empty, Claudio will take you on a tour during the CC Meet and Greet. We met some nice couples at the CC Meeting that we hung out with during the cruise. Terry (DH) won 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' and got a bag full of NCL goodies. We also won one of the Trivia contests and got a Key holder. The Macaroni & Cheese (kid's menu) in the Blue Lagoon was delicious along with the Tomato Soup, Pork Stir Fry Noodles and Wonton Soup. Good place when you want something quick.

I bet you're getting excited. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask while everything is fresh in my mind. I'm still rocking from being on the ship!!! Love it!

Now counting for you!!!

Jackie, is that you? Where are the new pics? Post..Post Pleeeease.:D

I want to know EVERYTHING!!!

BTW, Terry took video and is editing that, but don't know when he will finish. We had a video production company when we lived in CT, but this is his first time with digital. Would be great if I could put the video on line.

BTW, Terry took video and is editing that, but don't know when he will finish. We had a video production company when we lived in CT, but this is his first time with digital. Would be great if I could put the video on line.

Tell that husband of yours to put that video in a zip file and send it to me! Pick some favorites and send me a tease. my e-mail is amy417@att.net

I am most interested in the cabin pics (duh! :p ).

Question How much did you tip your butler and conceirge. Dont post it here :eek: send the answer to my e-mail. ALONG WITH PICS:D

thanks

Question How much did you tip your butler and conceirge. Dont post it here :eek: send the answer to my e-mail.

thanks

Why not post it here? Others of us who will be in a suite for the first time are also wondering what is the norm / 'understood' tips for Butler / concierge.

thx

Why not post it here? Others of us who will be in a suite for the first time are also wondering what is the norm / 'understood' tips for Butler / concierge.

thx

I'm sorry. It's just the last time I asked this question it sparked a flurry of back and forth with a few insults thrown in when people voiced their opinion about when and how to tip. I really never got an answer.

Jackie,

Thanks for the info. Now I'm even more excited! I'd love to see pictures of the cabin too. I know how tough it is to sort through all of the pictures when you first get back from a cruise. We generally take as many as you when we're on a ship for the first time or on a new itinerary.

Can you tell me if the balcony is completely covered? Also, it appears that 10000 has windows/silding glass doors all the way accross the cabin instead of a regular door that opens to the balcony. Is that right? That would be sooo nice. :)

Thanks again for all of your information.

Kelly

Jackie,

Thanks for the info. Now I'm even more excited! I'd love to see pictures of the cabin too. I know how tough it is to sort through all of the pictures when you first get back from a cruise. We generally take as many as you when we're on a ship for the first time or on a new itinerary.

Can you tell me if the balcony is completely covered? Also, it appears that 10000 has windows/silding glass doors all the way accross the cabin instead of a regular door that opens to the balcony. Is that right? That would be sooo nice. :)

Kelly

Kelly,

You're welcome. Yes, it certainly is tough to sort through them for other people's viewing. Way too many sunsets and sunrised for most, but I just keep shooting away. This was our second time on the Dawn and we were in the same suite both times.

The forward balcony can be a bit chilly at sea, but if you sit toward the back it is more protected. I always want to stand right at the rail though to see everything (water and more water). You shouldn't have a problem once you're down south though. The balcony is about 1/3 covered on ours, not sure about yours though.

Last time we went in December 2003 and hit snowstorms traveling to and from the ship. Make sure you're packed a day early and ready to go. We ended up leaving for CT to stay with our friends on Friday last time instead of Saturday since they were predicting a very big snowstorm. It sure was that! Just one of those freak things, I guess.

I haven't been in 10000, just 9000 and 9502. I do think that 10000 does have all glass or at least it looked it from my balcony.

I will try to get my pics up before the weekend.

Excited for all of you future cruisers!

Kelly,

The balcony is partially covered and it did help when it rained a bit as we left NYC.

That being said, their is plenty of sun on the balcony.

There isn't a sliding glass door due to the velocity of the wind when the ship is traveling full speed. In fact the door onto the balcony has a special air tight hinge with a wheel that is turned to insure a seal. If you open this door while at full speed, it is like a hurricane in the cabin, especially if the door to the corridor is opened!

What appears to be a sliding door is actually a floor to ceiling window for you to look out onto the balcony and the ocean.

It is a fantastic cabin.

Don

Jackie,

Kelly

Kelly,

Check out this site. They have some pics of 10500 which is a mirror image of 10000 and right next door to it. http://ontheseas.com/nyc.htm

It looks like there are 3 floor to ceiling glass windows. Really nice!!!

Jackie

PS...I have also posted the first segment of my pictures on webshots if you want to check them out... Webshots My Photos - Jackie's Photo Manager

Jackie

:cool:

Kelly,

Check out this site. They have some pics of 10500 which is a mirror image of 10000 and right next door to it. http://ontheseas.com/nyc.htm

It looks like there are 3 floor to ceiling glass windows. Really nice!!!

Jackie

PS...I have also posted the first segment of my pictures on webshots if you want to check them out... Webshots My Photos - Jackie's Photo Manager

Jackie

:cool:

Whoops... the link didn't come through correctly. Hope this does.

Jackie

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=485453920

Archived