cab to Sanchos?

MamaParrotHead

All the southern beach clubs got hit pretty hard. Most of the sand was washed farther on shore and back into the parking lots in some cases. They will just have to move the sand back to it's rightful place, but the chairs, tables, and umbrellas back out and they will be back in business. It seems like it doesn't take that much to have a nice beach club, as long as you have the most important ingredient, a good staff. I'll make a prediction that at least 2 (and probably more) beach clubs will be open on November 14 to welcome the cruisers back to Cozumel.

Mr. Sanchos beach is the best and not crowded! We took a cab from the pier to the beach and it ended up being $15 one way, however there are usually cabs waiting to take people back.

We had a vaca. booked Dec.24-31 2005 to stay at the Reef Club which is right by Mister Sanchos beach and the hotel isn't opening until April, so I know that the beach is eroded and the trees etc. are gone. Hopefully the beaches can get back to somewhat normal, but I am afraid that it is going to take a while, the pictures posted on the net are pretty bad. It doesn't even look like Cozumel, very sad. However, the people there have high spirits!!

I hope that this information helps you out

Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. It is so sad but appears they are trying their best to rebuild. Hopefully our ship will stop in Cozumel. We always look forward to going there. So much to do & such great people!

Archived