Epic questions!

We've cruised a few times with Pricess, Carnival and RCI but am looking at doing a 1 week med cruise on the Epic next year with our 2 children who will be 6 and 2. Freestyle cruising is completely new to us so would appreciate some inside knowledge.

The Epic doesn't have a nursery does it? I read somewhere that they do sessions for children under 3 with a parent attending, can anyone confirm?

Is there a height restriction on the water slides, I'd hate to go and find our daughter can't use them.

The current UK free at sea offer has 2 promos for a balcony room and we're looking at the UBP and either the $100 onboard credit or 3 x speciality dining nights. I'm unsure which one may be suitable for us. I'm sure the girls would love the Cirque show but not sure there are any other suitable restaurants for them and if there isn't childcare my husband and I can't really make the most of the other 2 sets of dining nights. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks all.

If you and your husband are interested in specialty dining, you could choose that perk and take your kids along. As far as they are concerned, a specialty restaurant isn't all that different from the main dining room. The meals can be (much) longer, but they don't have to be. The kids don't have to order from the specialty menu, they can order a child's meal for free (and no one will say anything if you give them a few bites of your food to try).

Moderno is the specialty that is least like a normal restaurant, and your kids might enjoy seeing the giant skewers of meat.

I got this from cruise critic: "Kids

The Splash Academy divides youngsters into four age groups: Guppies (6 months to 3 years), Turtles (3 to 5), Seals (6 to 9) and Dolphins (10 to 12). Guppies have a separate colorful playroom open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. that's situated forward on Deck 5. Note: A diaper changing fee of $28 is charged if a parent cannot be contacted by the Splash Academy staff. The main hub for kids is the Splash Academy Youth Center, forward on Deck 14 and is open from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.

For parents that want some time alone while in port, Port Play is available for children aged 3 to 12. The service is free, but there is a port day meal fee of $6 per child, per meal, which includes supervision during meal times. The service is offered between the hours of arrival and departure.

And when parents want to enjoy time out after dark, the Late Night Fun Zone is a group-sitting, fee-based service for children aged 3 to 12. Run by the youth staff inside Splash Academy, the late-night program continues the day's play theme. Available from 10:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., there is a $6 per hour fee for the first child; $4 per hour for siblings. Note: One-on-one care or babysitting is not available and no diapers of any kind, including those marketed as "swimmers", are permitted in the swimming pools or hot tubs."

Also, there is a splash area for kids -- and the water slides info is below--

Norwegian Epic

Waterslides: Spider Mountain – Must be 42” (106cm) or taller. Max weight is 125lbs (57kgs)

All other slides - Must be 42” (106cm) or taller

Bungee: Minimum height is 42” (106cm). Max weight is 200lbs (91kgs)

I second what the other poster said. You can get a typical kids menu in any restaurant.

Enjoy!