Epic balcony for 4 people

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if there's any rooms for 4 people on the Epic that have the bed by the balcony? We need use of a pullman and the sofa bed too and as far as I can tell all rooms for 4 people seem to have the bed as you walk in. I imagine the room will feel very claustrophobic if you walk onto the bed? Or am I overthinking it?

Thanks

yes, some of the cabins have the bed towards the balcony - if you do a mock booking on the website it will tell you for the room you have selected where the bed is. We had a family balcony for 4 on Deck 14, with the bed towards the door. We are a family with 2 teenagers, so we were comfortable sharing with each other. The space is definitely tight and you will not have a lot of space for moving about, especially when the temporary beds are set up at night. There is not a lot of worktop space for setting out your toiletries etc. You will need to be fairly organised and unpack neatly at the beginning.

However, if you know each other well and are comfortable about sharing, and can agree some ground rules in the beginning it will probably work ok for you. For us it made a big difference to the price to share one cabin, the third and fourth guests just paid port taxes instead of full price. We just used it as a place to sleep, shower and get ready to go out and its fine for that. The balcony is a pleasant feature and quite spacious. If you intend to be in the cabin a lot and/or if you aren't comfortable sharing with your fellow passengers it might be worth considering another cabin.

Some people don't like the bathroom set-up with the shower and toilet in separate cubicles within the room, with a curtain separating them from the room. We didn't have any issue with it, after all, your fellow passengers are not going to be standing outside your shower or toilet spying on you (unless they're strange people - in which case, you might want to reconsider sharing with them!!). Enjoy your cruise :)

Edited by Jade Cruise