Disembarkation at Brooklyn from QM2 - help!

Over25

"In December, we had to use the limo service (they line up in the next lane over from the yellow cabs) "

can I just go to the line and take one of them? Will they take me to Queens?

Why not go on line and make a reservation? You will get a specific quote for Queens. It's possible that the lined up limos will be waiting for customers that have already made reservations. What's nice about the limo company that we used was once in port they called to let us know that they were there and to call them when we were curb side.

Why not go on line and make a reservation? You will get a specific quote for Queens. It's possible that the lined up limos will be waiting for customers that have already made reservations. What's nice about the limo company that we used was once in port they called to let us know that they were there and to call them when we were curb side.

I'll make a reservation. Thanks

For what time do you book them? For all of you: I'll be on deck 8, what time should I expect do disembark?

Cunard will provide you a disembarkation time toward the end of your cruise. Once you received your time, you can book your car on-line using the internet service on board.

Cunard will provide you a disembarkation time toward the end of your cruise. Once you received your time, you can book your car on-line using the internet service on board.

A couple of cautions.

- On both of our crossings (2008 & 2016), the ship cleared faster than the schedule and we found ourselves hanging-around because we had a car scheduled for later.

- The other caution is that the Customs and Immigration line took about 45 minutes when we got off last month, whereas in the past we've walked through with little delay.

FYI - we were deck 5 this time. Our scheduled time was for something like 10:30. I'm not sure what time our group was officially told to proceed from their area because we were in the Cunard World Platinum/Diamond disembarkation lounge, but when we went down at 9:30 to meet our car at 10:00 (booked before boarding - time was a guess), there was no line and the ship seemed almost empty. Unfortunately, because of the 45 min delay with CBP, we were assessed a wait fee (which was fair - we also had an issue with misplaced luggage and we were an hour late.)

My suggestion - Call for a car from the ship as you're about to leave. (I was reprimanded for using a phone ashore in the "no phone" Customs line to alert my driver about the delay.) Schedule it for one hour from that time. ...which should be around 9:00-9:30 off ship, 10:00-10:30 pick-up.

Edited by MarkBearSF

For what time do you book them? For all of you: I'll be on deck 8, what time should I expect do disembark?

What time is your flight? If before 12 noon can you handle walking your own bags off the ship? We were on the May 10th crossing and had a flight at 12 noon from JFK.. We walked off the ship at around 8 am. with our bags. No line at customs. I heard that later customs had a long line to get through. Our car was there to pick us up and 8:20 am.

Edited by waltd