Voom Surf + Stream

I have this package for my upcoming sailing on Oasis, for 2 devices.

Here's what I want to do: texts between me and children, check e-mail, log on to a few various sites, Facebook; kids will want to Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube & Twitter.

Will we be able to text anyone anywhere or just others onboard? Is there any way at all to "accidentally" rack up some charges with our cell provider?

Thank you for any info!

I have this package for my upcoming sailing on Oasis, for 2 devices.

Here's what I want to do: texts between me and children, check e-mail, log on to a few various sites, Facebook; kids will want to Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube & Twitter.

Will we be able to text anyone anywhere or just others onboard? Is there any way at all to "accidentally" rack up some charges with our cell provider?

Thank you for any info!

We leave this Saturday on Oasis. :D:D

We got the same one and are also curious about the texting.

I know we need to keep our phones in Airplane mode.......

Have a great cruise!!!:D

If you are using a wifi based texting app. Like imessenger, which is the default app for texting on iphones. You will be able to text other iPhones like normal. If you are texting someone that has android phone and of coarse they aren't using imessenger. It won't work without cellular data. Which is a sms based text.

Which is why a text from iPhone to an android phone is green when using wifi based imessenger. If are wanting to text an android to iPhone while you are on the ship. Both people have to be using any third party wifi based app. There many out there for free.

Like others have posted. You need to put your phone in airplane mode. So don't get cellular data charges. Then you can turn your wifi back on, while in airplane mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app