Need Help with Magic - Upper Deck Balcony Selection

abisha

I see some good rates for Upper Deck (Deck 6) on Magic for upcoming cruise to Aruba. Having cruised on the Breeze, I know that Deck 5 protrudes outward and Deck 6 balconies would look right over that public are on Deck 5, which I don't care for. I do see towards the forward section that would be beyond the deck 5 area that "sticks out". These cabins are over both the showroom and the "backstage area" of the showroom.

I'm trying to figure out which cabin # on Deck 6 is the starting point as to not having Deck 5 protrusion under it (hard to tell by looking at deck plan). Want to know if it's noisy from shows, etc.? Would like to hear from those who have stayed in that forward section and what room # you had and what you thought.

Thanks

Lynne

The far forward balconies you have to keep your drapes closed and light on the balcony (if there is one) off at night for navigational purposes. You will know if this is the case if there is sign on the window of your cabin that says this.

In regards to which don't have the protrusion on deck 6, it looks like the first 7 - 8 cabins don't. See the photo here:

http://www.jimzim.net/Photos/CarnivalMagic-IMG_0563.JPG

I've been in the first cabin forward on this ship on deck 12 and it was fine, so if you pick that, there is no chance of a protrusion below.

A wonderful place to see good deck plans is www dot deckplans dot com (with no spaces. You can lay out the decks and literally click and drag the decks over one another to see what is directly above or below. Good luck!!

Thanks for the info. I'm actually looking at starboard side. Cabins 6239 and 6227 are available. 6239 is at the very end of where the protrusion from deck 5 ends, which is ok for me and sits over the very end area of the show room. 6227 is a bit more forward and sits over the backstage area of showroom. I'm just wondering which of the 2 cabins would incur the most noise from the showroom. Might not really make much of a difference? We go to some, but not all shows, and I know the shows aren't running throughout the night, so it might not be that bad. We do like to take an afternoon nap. So at this point, it comes down to noise level. Anyone have any experience or input?

If you are a non smoker I would chose a room on the starboard side...port side deck 5 is a smoking area and the stench will waft up to the port side balconies on decks 6+.

Smoking section is aft by the vice and red frog pub. It is not forward