How was Bermuda?

BellaBaci4

Hello All,

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Looking for any feedback on Bermuda, We have never been. What or where is not to be missed? How was the weather, water temp, sailing? I am afraid of getting seasick. Any advice is most welcome.

I took the Horizon two years ago. It was wonderful but, we had 1 bad day on the way back. Rough weather and lots of sick passengers. I wasn't too bad since i took my bonine and had sea bands. Don't let it put you off though, the trip is worth it!!!

We went to Bermuda on the Zenith a couple years back and I really liked it. The people on the island are very nice, you can get around the island easily by public transportation, and the water was beautiful to swim in. We went in the summer, I can't remember if we went in July or August. The only thing that I can think of that was a negative was that the humidity was so high you could cut the air with a knife. Since you are from NJ like I am, you are familiar with humidity. We did not have any bad weather or rough seas.

Linda

Took the Horizon to Bermuda. Wonderful trip. It was very relaxful not having to run back to the ship every day to set sail. Bermuda is gorgous and very friendly. If you're a golfer, try to play as the courses are gorgous. Horseshoe Bay is a beautiful beach. The little shops and museums in St. George are wonderful. The weather was hot and beautiful and the water perfect. We were there last June. The ride over was smooth but coming home very rough. You never know what you'll hit.

One other thing. If you do book a cruise to Bermuda I would try to get the late seating for dinner, especially if you plan to go to the beach in the afternoon. We had the early seating and felt rushed to get back to the ship for dinner.

Linda

I loved Bermuda. We've been there twice. Buy a transportation pass, they're very reasonable and you can easily get around on the bus and ferry. The bus drivers are great, just let them know where you want to get off and they'll tell you when they're at your stop. It's great, we saw the Crystal Caves that way. We went to Horsehoe Bay, the Dockyard, etc on the bus.
We hit some rough sea on the way back to NY, but it wasn't all that bad. I am prone to seasickness so I just took my pills and was fine.
Stephanie

1986 Southward, NCL;1987 Holiday, Carnival;1988 Seaward, NCL; 1989 SS Norway, NCL;1990 Starward, NCL;1991 Skyward, NCL;1993 & 1994 Viking Serande, RCL; 1996 & 1997 Westerdam, HAL;1998 Noordam, HAL;1999 Veendam, HAL; 2000 Galaxy, Celebrity; 2001 Ryndam, HAL; 2001 Horizon, Celebrity;2002 Zaandam, HAL;2002 Horizon, Celebrity;2003 Constellation, Celebrity;2004 Mercury, Celebrity

Archived