Choosing chef's table date

canille

I just saw a reservation form for the chef's table in my cruise manager. It allows you to pick your own date. Do they have a chef's table every night now?! First time I saw this form...

Booked my chef's table couple of weeks before and made reservations the old way, so don't know my date, but would cancel and book again if i could choose:eek:

Edited by canille

They offer it on specific nights (usually 1-3 times per cruise, depending on cruise length and demand) and you don't get to choose a date. I think they just use the same form for all of the reservations. Carnival makes some "odd choices" with their IT systems.

I just saw a reservation form for the chef's table in my cruise manager. It allows you to pick your own date. Do they have a chef's table every night now?! First time I saw this form...

Booked my chef's table couple of weeks before and made reservations the old way, so don't know my date, but would cancel and book again if i could choose:eek:

Yeah, I tried making reservations for the chef's table on that form...got confirmation today for the steakhouse :rolleyes:

Yeah, I tried making reservations for the chef's table on that form...got confirmation today for the steakhouse :rolleyes:

Typical carnival, they're probably trying to get more people to the chef's table through this form, but my guess is they released it to quick and it's not totally on point...

I kind of hoped we could pick out our own chef's table night, would make planning a whole lot easier :p

I had to change the number of people in our reservation for the chef's table. So I responded to my email confirmation. I also asked if we should use the new online form to pick a night at 6pm or if we had been assigned an evening. My full response from Carnival was "Good morning, Please be advised that the date & time will be confirmed once you come on board. Thank you"

So, I guess they need to work out some kinks somewhere...

The reply we got was "Please be informed that your reservation for the chef’s table is confirmed. Unfortunately I don’t have information regarding the dates for that. The schedule is coming up only one week before your original sailing date."

Now, WHY they don't have the nights defined in advance when they already know the cruise itinerary, times in each port, etc., I have no idea. I'm not sure what would change between now and one week before the sailing date that would affect which nights they'd schedule these.

The reply we got to our reservation request (done via email) was "Please be informed that your reservation for the chef’s table is confirmed. Unfortunately I don’t have information regarding the dates for that. The schedule is coming up only one week before your original sailing date."

Now, WHY they don't have the nights defined in advance when they already know the cruise itinerary, times in each port, etc., I have no idea. I'm not sure what would change between now and one week before the sailing date that would affect which nights they'd schedule these.

Typical carnival, they're probably trying to get more people to the chef's table through this form, but my guess is they released it to quick and it's not totally on point...

I kind of hoped we could pick out our own chef's table night, would make planning a whole lot easier :p

I've said it before. I love Carnival's cruise product in general, but their IT is atrocious for a major corporation. I don't get it because it's not like decent IT design is particularly difficult or even more expensive than terrible IT design.

The reply we got to our reservation request (done via email) was "Please be informed that your reservation for the chef’s table is confirmed. Unfortunately I don’t have information regarding the dates for that. The schedule is coming up only one week before your original sailing date."

They do alter the number of Chef's Table offerings on different sailings due to demand, so it could be they really don't know how many they'll have or which nights they'll be.

On Magic and Dream the CT reservations are made via the Steakhouse. The first time we were on the Dream and we made them while having dinner in the Steakhouse. That was on Monday and CT was on Wednesday. There was only one CT on that cruise.

Second time was a NYE cruise on Magic and I Emailed the Steakhouse prior since I figured it would be crazy busy, plus I wanted NYE dinner at Steakhouse. I was confirmed for NYE at Steakhouse via Email within 36 hours. I was confirmed for CT (unknown date) in the same Email.

Once we got on board, I confirmed both reservations with the Steakhouse table set up by the elevators. At that time, they gave me my date for CT. However, there were also two additional dates available for CT.

I hadnt noticed the Chef's Table option before. I just submitted for 5 on the April 29th Magic sailing.

My guess is that it's new. First time i saw it as well.. Always booked my CT with an email to the steakhouse