Deck Chairs on Zenith

cruise 'n shopper

We're really looking forward to our Dec. 17 cruise on the Zenith. When we searched for a 4 to 7 day cruise during the holiday break to take with DH's parents while we're visiting them in Florida (anything to avoid spending the holiday on the pull-out couch with no privacy in a cramped condo!) it seemed like a wonderful option with an unbelievable "oceanview guarantee" price.

We've been on 25+ cruises over the years, but never on Celebrity, and it sounds wonderful from everything I've read on these Boards. But I'm curious about deck chairs on the Zenith.

Is there ample deck space and enough chairs for passengers to find chairs in the sun? And are the chairs on Celebrity padded, or just the same plastic chairs you find on most ships? Do you get pool towels on deck, or do they provide them in the cabin? I think it was on our last cruise on Carnival that we had to bring pool towels back and forth from the cabin, and it was a hassle.

It will be wonderful to watch the Boards after the drydock is completed to find out what is actually done to the ship and what improvements to expect. But regardless I'm sure we'll have a great time!

Now, here's hoping that the Keys and the Cayman's avoid much hurricane damage between now and then.

Cruise 'n Shopper

Is there ample deck space and enough chairs for passengers to find chairs in the sun? And are the chairs on Celebrity padded' date=' or just the same plastic chairs you find on most ships? Do you get pool towels on deck, or do they provide them in the cabin? I think it was on our last cruise on Carnival that we had to bring pool towels back and forth from the cabin, and it was a hassle.Cruise 'n Shopper[/quote']

The chairs on the pool deck do have pads. They provide pool towels on deck. There is enough deck space but chairs in the sun by the pool will be harder to get just like on most ships. Many of the chairs are in the shade which are the ones I go for since I don't want that sun exposure. First come first serve. There are also plenty of chairs in the sun on the deck above the pool deck. I don't think those chairs have pads.

Is there ample deck space and enough chairs for passengers to find chairs in the sun? And are the chairs on Celebrity padded' date=' or just the same plastic chairs you find on most ships? Do you get pool towels on deck, or do they provide them in the cabin? I think it was on our last cruise on Carnival that we had to bring pool towels back and forth from the cabin, and it was a hassle.Cruise 'n Shopper[/quote']

The chairs on the pool deck do have pads. They provide pool towels on deck. There is enough deck space but chairs in the sun by the pool will be harder to get just like on most ships. Many of the chairs are in the shade which are the ones I go for since I don't want that sun exposure. First come first serve. There are also plenty of chairs in the sun on the deck above the pool deck. I don't think those chairs have pads.

Hi cruise n shopper!

Charles did a great job of answering your questions about the deck chairs.:)

In addition to the towels that are available at the pool, towels for beach or excursion useage during port days will be placed in your room on the evening before the first port visit. One per person is provided, and they are a little different in that they have an embroidered Celebrity logo on them. These towels must be returned to your cabin for the stateroom attendant to account for, otherwise a charge will be placed on your seapass account. If you decide to use them, there will most likely be a blue tote bag in the closet that you can throw them inside when you go ashore. The bags, while not fancy, serve the purpose nicely.

There are a few of us sailing on the 17th with you! :) Come on over and visit our roll call thread! :) Here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=199946

Gina

We just got off the Zenith today. The chairs by the pool are all padded and the chairs upstairs on deck 12 are all plastic straps without padding. Both are very comfortable and we were able to nap easily ...;)

In speaking with the crew members, the bathrooms will be upgraded and the carpeting replaced in the cabins.. Lucky you ... The ship is heading to South Carolina for 2 weeks for drydock..

We loved the Zenith, it really is a lovely ship ...

The ship is heading to South Carolina for 2 weeks for drydock

Does anyone know what shipyard she's going to? Deyton's in Charleston maybe? I didnt know we did cruise ships here. Must be moving up in the world.

Hey try deck 10 aft. Sun, shade and padded deck chairs. Easy walk to burgers and pool.

Thanks so much for the info. We'll explore Deck 10 aft and around the pool.

I've been tardy about joining the roll call thread, but promise to do it tonight. We only booked this week.

It was great to learn that Platinum Crown and Anchor membership gets us Select status on Celebrity. I understand we will be invited to a behind the scenes tour and hope it's to the bridge (but anywhere behind the scenes would be fun.)

Thanks so much for the info. We'll explore Deck 10 aft and around the pool.

I've been tardy about joining the roll call thread' date=' but promise to do it tonight. We only booked this week.

It was great to learn that Platinum Crown and Anchor membership gets us Select status on Celebrity. I understand we will be invited to a behind the scenes tour and hope it's to the bridge (but anywhere behind the scenes would be fun.)[/quote']

Most likely as Select on Zenith you will be invited to a behind the scenes tour of the stage and showroom.

I was wondering this too, thanks for the thread! I, hopefully, will be booking this cruise tomorrow. Gotta make sure my stepdad can get off work. I hope those incredible prices are still around, they've been floating around for the past 5 days or so at random times. Can't decide on Oceanview or Interior guarantee....but if only one is available at those prices...we'll take either.

Archived