britannia wine list

sean of the seas

I received the email from Cunard containing a 14 page download which lists every bar drink including bottles of champagne & sparkling wine. Unfortunately the only red & white wines listed were 'house, select & premium' by the glass. Still would like info asto what bottles (by name) are available in Britannia. Am sure I've seen this on a previous (could be months ago) thread??

Cheers Sean

I received the email from Cunard containing a 14 page download which lists every bar drink including bottles of champagne & sparkling wine. Unfortunately the only red & white wines listed were 'house, select & premium' by the glass. Still would like info asto what bottles (by name) are available in Britannia. Am sure I've seen this on a previous (could be months ago) thread??

Cheers Sean

ask customer service to stock your selections and they will as they have done for us. they will also make sure your selections will be at your favorite watering hole on board. best regard jim

• 3 months later...
If someone has a copy of the wine list, it would be nice to see some of what they charge. Here is a link to a "gift" form to see what it costs to have certain bottles delivered to the cabin as a gift:

http://www.cunard.com/images/Content/giftorderform_2_06.pdf

i noticed the last time on board resturant prices on board were about the same price of a carry out liquor store in ny and nj or about 1/3 the price a resturant would ask in ny or nj..!!!!!!!!!

Prices look good (judging by gift list), but like the OP, I would also appreciate a wine list for the dining room - the quality of the offerings on the gift list (other than champagne) are not very inspiring. I'm hoping for better from the dining room wine list, but it would be good to know in advance. Then, if necessary, we could bring our own and pay the corking fee (which is how much?) I really do enjoy a good bottle with dinner ...

Prices look good (judging by gift list), but like the OP, I would also appreciate a wine list for the dining room - the quality of the offerings on the gift list (other than champagne) are not very inspiring. I'm hoping for better from the dining room wine list, but it would be good to know in advance. Then, if necessary, we could bring our own and pay the corking fee (which is how much?) I really do enjoy a good bottle with dinner ...

Be careful with that gift list. Notice they don;t give you bottle size.No can possibly think the price for Dom Perignon is for a full size bottle!

Why am I thinking I remember something ridiculous like $15 for corkage? Mind you, I didn't bring any wine on board (only champagne, which we had on sailaway) so I don't know. Only what I read.

Karie,

who wonders about all this business about corks- don't you just unscrew it (when you have to go with the expensive stuff 'cuz it would be tacky to bring the boxed stuff on board <VEG>)

Hey Karie - I know you were only joking, but screwtops are actually a better way to seal wine than corks, and even some very good wines now use a screwtop. We're in wine country here in Switzerland (yes, there is such a thing as Swiss wine!) and ALL the wine comes with a screwtop. Now a flip top would be another question (and some of the wine here actually comes that way ... mostly for cooking fondue ...:) )

Hey Karie - I know you were only joking, but screwtops are actually a better way to seal wine than corks, and even some very good wines now use a screwtop. We're in wine country here in Switzerland (yes, there is such a thing as Swiss wine!) and ALL the wine comes with a screwtop. Now a flip top would be another question (and some of the wine here actually comes that way ... mostly for cooking fondue ...:) )

<LOL> Who knew. Now that I think of it, I have one of those "instant Fondues in the fridge I bought last week for a quick meal. Just need a good baguette to go with! and some wine, of course!) No Emmental and Gruyere, mixed with a little Kirsch and some good dry white. When I was a kid we had an exchange student from Bad Ragaz. Maya taught us how to make decent fondue.

Hmm, maybe I should go down to my local farm a few miles away, and see what they have that would make a good fondue. They are open to sell cheese 5 hours a week, Saturday. Tehy are the only cheesemakers in the state. And they have marvelous types of cheese. You can google Cato Corner Farms. I pass them every day on my way to work, and say "hi" to the girls. (They are brown swiss, you know!)

Wow! My Bad, is this off topic!

Well, on the QM2, because everyone raved about it on this frorum, I had stilton. I'm not a big fan of the blues. It was okay. But I had some marvelous other cheeses. It got so I didn't even have to order the after diner cheese. My waiter just brought them!

Karie,

whose belly is one third cheese, one third butter, and one third mayonnaise.

• 1 month later...

bumping this up, since I still haven't managed to get a copy of the wine list ... any luck from recent travelers? I'd love a copy of the Britannia list to see what's possible to order at dinner - recommendations also welcome!

bumping this up, since I still haven't managed to get a copy of the wine list ... any luck from recent travelers? I'd love a copy of the Britannia list to see what's possible to order at dinner - recommendations also welcome!

call customer service they will email the entire list for you!!!!!!

I have had a number of Sicilian whites (towards the high end of the price range) which were delightful. And I had not thought of Sicilian wines as an option until a knowledgable sommelier (who really knew her products) recommended them to me?

Cannot recall the exact name (since I put the wine labels in storage) but if they have any Sicilian whites, do ask the sommelier for advice about their aroma and character. She or he should know.

There are worth trying at least once if you are looking for a Mediterranean wine.

This might sound like a silly question, but how were you able to remove the wine labels? I've tried different products for that purpose but the only thing I've found is a clear adhesive that "lifts" them from the bottle.

A long soaking underwater (or using the sommelier's secret solution which I guess is a trade solution) will do the trick.

I always buy full bottles of wine, drink half the night I purchase it, ask the sommelier to store the rest for another night and (if I enjoyed the wine particularly) to remove the label so I can keep it for future reference.

However, at home, I have also removed them just giving them a long soak (after the bottle in empty of course) in hot water.

(The first time I did this was removing the label from the bottle my wife and I drank when I invited her to dinner at my home that I had personally prepared. After dinner, I got up the nerve to propose to her after we had finished it off. We've been together ever since (26 years and counting)!!!)

Enjoy the wine on your cruise. I found this from an article in the Miami Herald:

Cunard's QM2 not only boasts the largest wine collection at sea, but also a bubbly 64-seat Champagne bar -- the first and only such seagoing venture of Veuve Clicquot, one of France's oldest and most prestigious Champagne houses.

UNQUOTE

Enjoy the wine on your cruise. I found this from an article in the Miami Herald:

Cunard's QM2 not only boasts the largest wine collection at sea, but also a bubbly 64-seat Champagne bar -- the first and only such seagoing venture of Veuve Clicquot, one of France's oldest and most prestigious Champagne houses.

UNQUOTE

We are wine and champagne lovers so when we ready the press about QM2's maiden voyage, the first thing we noticed was the Veuve Clicquot bar (one of our favorite champagnes). So we've been dreaming about spending time there and now that we're booked, we're particularly excited.

Thanks for the tip about asking the sommelier to store the wine. At home, we use a "vacu-vin", a device that pumps the air out of the wine bottle and preserves red wines for at least another day and whites a little longer. Do you know if the sommelier on board uses a similar device?

By the way, I loved the story of your marriage proposal. We have been married for 17 years and still have the Dom Perignon bottle (now empty of course) that was sent to our honeymoon suite by some dear friends. I haven't been able to get up the courage to remove that label for fear that I'll tear it!

• 5 months later...

This is a bump up, my peace offering to Highly Sociable for offending her.

I searched on "Wine Prices" and got backa lot of threads on the Cunard Forum.

Several posts here mentioned tht Cunard will fax you a wine list. Don't know if it includes prices though.

I know someone posted that.I'll keep looking.

(But the OP still did not get their response!)

Thanks

Karie

This is a bump up, my peace offering to Highly Sociable for offending her.

I searched on "Wine Prices" and got backa lot of threads on the Cunard Forum.

Several posts here mentioned tht Cunard will fax you a wine list. Don't know if it includes prices though.

I know someone posted that.I'll keep looking.

(But the OP still did not get their response!)

Thanks

Karie

yes the faxed wine and beer and liquor list will include prices i have recieved it in the past!! if you have a special request ask customer relations and they will have it on board if at all possible !!

Archived