Queen Mary 2 QM2 September 8 2016

gregg907

My husband Victor and I have just booked this cruise. Our first Transatlantic and first Cunard cruise. We generally cruise with Celebrity and NCL. We hope to meet new folks on this trip.

Gregg in Oakland CA

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey there. We aren't on your sailing, but have sailed on the QM2 3 times (2 of those being TA's). You will find the crossing to be very relaxing. For me, getting a day pass to the spa for the entire sailing was worth it. They have one of the best spas at sea, and I would spend a couple hours a day enjoying the pool, sauna, steam and hot tubs, usually in the afternoon after daily tea and before dinner. Speaking of dinner, if you have the choice, do the late seating. Also, the Commodore Lounge at the very front of the ship is a nice place for a cocktail each night before dinner. Unless things have changed, this is also where the FOD meetings are scheduled. Btw, people do generally follow the dress code on this ship. So plan (and pack) accordingly. And enjoy yourself!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your post. We do have the late seating and are packing the tuxes.

I find that I like dressing up less and less these days but don't want to miss anything that the ship has to offer due to not having the proper clothes. I even bought a new bow tie. Were there many FOD on your cruises? I've always heard that Cunard is very friendly that way. What I'm working on now is getting for the ship to north London. The port is so far away...

Gregh

Sent from my iPhone using Forums