NCL excursions question?

golflover

I am sailing on the Oct 30 POA cruise and just got notification that only 2 of my 6 excursions were booked and all the others are sold out. I guess I am a little dissapointed and anxious over what to do. I know there are private companies on shore but the ship won't wait if they are late coming back.

Do these bookings free up once onboard ship?

Do they keep some reserved for ship sign ups only?

Any tips on who to go thru once at the port (private companies)

thanks (first cruise gitters) :confused:

I would start by reading the Ports of Call section on Hawaii here at Cruise Critic. It will give you some great information on who booked what private tours, and how they liked them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62

There may be cancellations available once you get on the ship, check as soon as you get on the ship if your really interested. Also, have you considered renting a car at the ports and exploring on your own?

Have a great cruise,

:)

thanks

I was trying to stay away from renting a car, but I may have to reconsider

I just hope some of the trips free up, we are staying at the Marroitt resort in Waikiki maybe the NCL desk there can do bookings

looks like you are an experienced traveler

Golflover: We had always done excursions through the ship. Last summer, when I booked 3 excursions for $965.00, I began to rethink this whole thing. First, we were going to be in Europe. My husband was totally against private tours. He was afraid that we would get stuck in the notorious traffic in Rome or Lisbon, and the ship would leave without us. My attitude is that these tour guides have been doing this for a long time. They know just how much time to leave to get you back to your ship, well before departure time. When I started reading some of the posts in the Roll Call for our cruise, and then checking out the websites...my mind was made up. We were able to join several of the private tours with some realy great families. Not only were the tours small and very personalized, they were less that half of what we would have spent with NCL. Go to Roll Call and read some of the posts regarding you cruise and the private tours. And, like I told my DH, if the ship leaves without us...think of the excitement of trying to catch up with it :)

Happy sailing.

11 months to go until we board the Jewel again.

Golflover... don't worry. We did 1/2 and 1/2 (excursion and on our own) on the Pride of Aloha this last August.

Some excursions open up (heck, we cancelled a couple of tickets ourselves). Renting cars is EASY and with so few roads getting lost is darn near impossible.

I've got a trip report and pictures. Click the link in my signature.

Have fun and be sure to post back here afterwards.

Archived