Best cabins on HF grade help!

sianjane1

We have decided to change our booking from a saver fare to select but as we have never been on a cruise before we are clueless as to the best cabins on the Azura.

We know we would be if E, Lido, or the Riviera deck. We would love and thoughts from the more seasoned cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is no such thing as a best cabin as all cabins within a type (I.e inside, outside, balcony) are virtually the same. The difference of grade within a type is dependent on location. The lower grade cabins, like HF, are at the front or rear of the ship where you get most movement if it is rough and the higher grade cabins are midships where you get least movement. The lido deck cabins are good if you want to go swimming as you can access the pools without needing stairs or lifts. The self service restaurant is also on lido deck at the rear.

Brian

I'm not sure why you are changing from a saver fare to select, but just be aware that it is quite often the case that you will only be able to book a guarantee cabin if you choose the lowest grade even on a select fare, particularly if it is fairly close to the sailing date.

Personally I would stick with the saver fare and take my chances on an upgrade to a higher grade balcony. At the end of the day the worst you could end up with is an HF grade ! ;)

Edited by tillybilly321

If you are on E Deck you will either be absolutely forward (First few cabins) or just as far aft. The aft cabins have some with glass fronted balconies. The forward ones (I had E106 which is second from the bow) have shaded balconies (shaded by the deluxe D deck ones) The cabin was a good size and the balcony really big too, but it only got the sun early and late because of the shading which was disappointing. Also the night we crossed the B of B in a force 11 was a bit uncomfortable and I was thrown out of bed once. Didn't particularly enjoy it and I am a very good sailor!