Club 02 Question

moongal

I will be sailing with 2 teens on the Liberty in July. They want to do the Club 02 thing but there is a problem with their ages.

My son is 17 and my daughter is 14. It states that club 02 is for ages 15-17. Are they very strict with the ages? My daughter will turn 15 the day after we return home from the cruise. This will be the last time they could go hang out together because son turns 18 in Aug.

We tried the Circle C for daughter last year but I wasn't comfortable letting her roam all over ship with her new friends. I would be ok with her going to the Club 02 as long as she is with her older brother. He has always been very protective of her.

I called Carnival to ask about the age thing, if they ever made any exceptions, but was just given a vague "I don't know, ask when you board the ship"

Anyone have this problem? Are they really strict with age limits?

Thanks

We asked last year, and they wouldn't bend for us, however, your daughter is so close to the cutoff that they might. Also, my younger son would just go into Club O2, and no one ever said anything to him. Just try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can only tell you what our experience was on the Liberty. My youngest was only 13 but my older boys were 15 & 17. He went to the Circle C the first night, then went to Club 02 and asked to move. The circle c kids were all around 10 and he felt out of place. They let him move but my understanding is they determine this on a case by case basis. My suggestion is you take her to club 02 and explain the impending age change and see if they go for it. Asking doesn't hurt, good luck and happy sailing!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

On our last cruise, it was pretty loosey-goosey for Club O2. My son is 14 but I would prefer he be with his sister on our next cruise. I think they check the first day, but don't after that. I don't plan on asking.

On our last cruise, it was pretty loosey-goosey for Club O2. My son is 14 but I would prefer he be with his sister on our next cruise. I think they check the first day, but don't after that. I don't plan on asking.

They do check and compare the name to the info they have from your check in. They then will put a sticker on the card to allow them into either club O2 or Circle C. We just were on the conquest a few weeks ago and there was a young girl about the same age and they did allow her to move to Club O2 and then next year my niece will be 12 but she is young for her age both physically and mentally (same size as my 6 year old) so we are going to ask and see if she could move down but if not oh well, my oldest daughter will be with her and that should help some.

We have been told it is all based on how many kids of each group they have. When oldest was 11 since she was 11.5 they said no to moving up but said usually if they are within a few months they would say yes, that was on the Dream several years ago during spring break.