Dining Package and Childen

PKJenn

We have selected the Specialty Dining Package when cruising on the Jade in January. We will have a 5 year old and a 7 year old with us. Should we purchase the dining package for the children or do they have a special childs menu for the kiddos?

We have selected the Specialty Dining Package when cruising on the Jade in January. We will have a 5 year old and a 7 year old with us. Should we purchase the dining package for the children or do they have a special childs menu for the kiddos?

For children that young I'd just ask for the children's menu from the Main Dining Room so there is no charge for the children. The Specialty Restaurant will give it to you.

• 4 weeks later...
So you can order from the main dining room menu while in a specialty restaurant?

The kids menu, yes. It is available all over the ship. It has basic kid food - hot dogs, chicken noodle soup, chicken tenders, hamburgers, pizza, etc.

If your kids are adventurous eaters and would eat specialty food (more than 1-2 bites), then you might CONSIDER getting them the SDP (if you think they'd eat an app, an entree and a dessert). If they are picky like mine, the regular kids menu is always free.

Teppanyaki is the only exception for my kids - they love hibachi. but we'll just pay for it if we go, its cheaper than SDP

So you can order from the main dining room menu while in a specialty restaurant?

The post above was referring to the generic children's menu which is available in all complimentary and specialty restaurants.

As an adult, they likely wouldn't allow you to take up space in a specialty restaurant if you were going to eat Main Dining Room food. What's the point? There's much more seating in the MDR if you want to enjoy those menus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes I meant that children can eat off the children's menus in specialty restaurants at no charge. They do not pay for their seat. In the main dining room they can eat off either menu.

Edited by jjikids

As an adult, they likely wouldn't allow you to take up space in a specialty restaurant if you were going to eat Main Dining Room food. What's the point? There's much more seating in the MDR if you want to enjoy those menus.

I doubt that anyone would care. I saw people bring food from Garden Cafe into Food Republic while half of the group ordered from FR. I recognized the buffet plates and items.

Nobody from the staff said a word.