Liberty of the Seas vs Carnival Freedom

Hey all,

I am looking at booking a cruise out of Galveston in the spring next year and am debating between Carnival and RCCL. Will be my dh and I and two kids 10years and 12 years old. Itinerary is the same. I am familiar with Carnival and have never been on RCCL, but the LOS looks like it has more to offer the kids. From what I have read the food is better on Carnival, so I am torn and need some input from people that know more than me.

I am also going to post the same question over on the Carnival board.

Thanks.

Hey all,

I am looking at booking a cruise out of Galveston in the spring next year and am debating between Carnival and RCCL. Will be my dh and I and two kids 10years and 12 years old. Itinerary is the same. I am familiar with Carnival and have never been on RCCL, but the LOS looks like it has more to offer the kids. From what I have read the food is better on Carnival, so I am torn and need some input from people that know more than me.

I am also going to post the same question over on the Carnival board.

Thanks.

I've sailed both ship several times and can tell you Liberty is much better than Carnival hands down. For one, the Carnival ship packs more people per sq ft than Royal so the Carnival seems crowded. Also, on Carnival I had to wait in line much longer to be seated in the Main Dining Room.

I only sailed Carnival once and it was 14 years ago. I prefer Royal Caribbean, but I can't really give an accurate comparison because it's been so long since that Carnival cruise.

I will say that we just got off Royal's Liberty a few weeks ago and we had an amazing time. The only thing to consider is that your 12-year old will be in the TEEN club, and not the kids club. Our daughter just turned 12 and she didn't really like the Teen club. She thought it was OK, but she used to really LOVE the kids club. The Teen club only had a few events scheduled each day, not all day long like the kids club does. Our 8 yo and 10 yo LOVED the kids club activites, but our 12-yo didn't have as much fun as usual.(still had fun.. just not as much).

I'm not sure when the age cut-off for Carnival's kids club is, but that might be something to consider.