Online Check-In Birth Certificate - Change to Passport at Pier?

Kind of sort of related, but not really. Speaking of Passports, my last cruise out of Miami they scanned my Passport at the FTTF entrance as usual. But when I went to check in and get my S&S card, the lady didn't take my picture. When I asked her why she said it's because they scanned my Passport and just used my pic from that. I have had it for years and even when they scanned it before I still had to get my picture taken. I thought this way was wonderful! I didn't know they could do that. Just an FYI.

Kind of sort of related, but not really. Speaking of Passports, my last cruise out of Miami they scanned my Passport at the FTTF entrance as usual. But when I went to check in and get my S&S card, the lady didn't take my picture. When I asked her why she said it's because they scanned my Passport and just used my pic from that. I have had it for years and even when they scanned it before I still had to get my picture taken. I thought this way was wonderful! I didn't know they could do that. Just an FYI.

Good to know. I hate my passport picture! I'll still carry it but use my DL for the check-in stuff.

Good to know. I hate my passport picture! I'll still carry it but use my DL for the check-in stuff.

Well if you don't use your Passport you will still need your BC as well as DL. But to make it easy, just use your Passport. If you don't like that pic then tell them you don't want to use that one and to please take one.

I was glad because I was dropped off at the wrong ship and had to walk quite a ways with my luggage in the blazing heat and humidity. I was NOT looking very cute at the moment [emoji39]

Edited by firemanbobswife

I hate my passport picture too! But it so much easier to use getting off the ship when we return home. I will say when I did my online check in I said I was using my BC but once at the port I always use my passport

Well if you don't use your Passport you will still need your BC as well as DL. But to make it easy, just use your Passport. If you don't like that pic then tell them you don't want to use that one and to please take one.

I was glad because I was dropped off at the wrong ship and had to walk quite a ways with my luggage in the blazing heat and humidity. I was NOT looking very cute at the moment [emoji39]

Good point thanks for reminding me about needing the BC too. I'll just stick with the passport and get a new picture.