Viking Travel NZ to Europe

travelbug246

Has anyone used Viking Travel to travel from New Zealand or Australia to Europe? If you use them they say they will meet you at the destination and hopefully get you to the boat on time. Do they organise accommodation if they need you to have a stopover and are the flights the most direct and quickest. I'm wondering if it is worth it to pay the extra and organise your own. I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has had this experience.

Hi travelbug246,

I have booked flights with Viking for travel from Australia to Europe this August. I decided to try them as the flights were much cheaper than I could book them for.

About 10 months out they sent me the flight details and I had a few days to contact them if I didn't like the flights. There was only 1 stopover with minimal time between the flights; the flights were what I would have booked. About a week after they sent the flight details I could logon to the airline's website and pick my seats.

So far so good.

Hello travelbug246

Our cruise included airfares @ au999 p/p from Brisbane. We werent using the transfer from airport to port as we are having a week travelling beforehand & 10 days at cruise end.

Because cruise ex Istanbul was then moved to Athens embarkation, Viking Paid for the transfer flt on 14/8 Ist-Ath plus transfer to the port.

Viking Air booked us on Singapore Airlines both ways (BNE - IST & rtn Barcelona-BNE. Excellent timing 2.30pm ex Bris with 4 hr stopover in Singapore arr Ist 0745am. Barcelona flt dep 1040am (4 hr stopover in Singapore) arr Bris 8.30pm.

can't fault the service

Thank you Fitzall that is great to know, I have seen negative comments but probably more could go wrong if you pay the extra and book yourself.

We used Viking Air previously on a Rhine River cruise and never had issues. The complaints even back then seemed to be flying from the US .... Probably 70% of Vikings passengers are US based.

Hi there

We have used Viking Air on the two previous cruises we have had with Viking. One a river cruise to China and the other the Homelands cruise Bergen to Stockholm (two for the price of one) and we are again using them next year when we do our Athens to Barcelona cruise (fare included)

Everything is taken care of for you. The Viking reps meet you at each end are very helpful and get you to the boat and also get you to the airport after your cruise.

The airfares were way cheaper than what we could get by ourselves. We flew Singapore Airlines both times and next year are flying Emirates.

Take advantage of Viking's flights. You wont be disappointed.

In St Petersburg we did the Ultimate 2 Day excursion and found it exactly what we wanted. My husband even stayed awake during the ballet!

The only other included tour we took was in Flam when we took the train up and then biked back down. This was fantastic and one of our highlights.

You will find that you are well looked after the whole time you are both on and off the ship. We found nothing to fault.

Enjoy!!