Vision of the Seas

Is there a dining package on board the Vision? If so, how does it work? Do we need to buy pre-cruise or on board? Thank you.

This is the dining package available pre-cruise:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

There's no guarantee it will be available on board.

Are these prices for specialty dining per person, or for 2b it doesn't say anything. Do you know how far in advance it can be ordered? We are 9 months out at this point and none of the packages are available.

Are these prices for specialty dining per person, or for 2b it doesn't say anything. Do you know how far in advance it can be ordered? We are 9 months out at this point and none of the packages are available.

The dining package prices are per person. Unfortunately, there is no set time for reservations to open. Keep checking your Cruise Planner.

On Vision there are only Chop's, Giovanni's and Izumi. I believe Chef's Table is not included in the package.

Does this mean we can only have the 3-restaurants package? Or can we have 4-restaurants package and eat twice in one venue?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

On Vision there are only Chop's, Giovanni's and Izumi. I believe Chef's Table is not included in the package.

Does this mean we can only have the 3-restaurants package? Or can we have 4-restaurants package and eat twice in one venue?

You are correct, Chef's Table is not included in the package.

You can repeat restaurants as much as you want. You can get the 5-restaurant package and go to the same restaurant 5 times.

I just returned from Vision sailing out of Venice. It's a really nice ship. It's on the small side, but we never once felt crowded. Like others have mentioned, Park Cafe in the Solarium is open until 01:00. They serve pizza, soup, toasted panini sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken wings - good stuff.

There is no standard charge for the drink packages, you'll have to see on your cruise planner.

We found the bar tenders in the Schooner Bar to be very friendly and quick. Not that the others were bad, but those at the Schooner Bar were exceptional.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by dannyboy312

I read somewhere that Vision will have a dry dock some time in 2017. What do you think will be done during this dry dock?

Mandatory 5-year marine maintenance.

I read somewhere that Vision will have a dry dock some time in 2017. What do you think will be done during this dry dock?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Saw somewhere it's now to be in January 2018. I hope she returns to Galveston afterwards:D

Edited by pspercy

• 3 weeks later...
I just returned from Vision sailing out of Venice. It's a really nice ship. It's on the small side, but we never once felt crowded. Like others have mentioned, Park Cafe in the Solarium is open until 01:00. They serve pizza, soup, toasted panini sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken wings - good stuff.

There is no standard charge for the drink packages, you'll have to see on your cruise planner.

We found the bar tenders in the Schooner Bar to be very friendly and quick. Not that the others were bad, but those at the Schooner Bar were exceptional.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Park cafe sounds good for my husbands late night snack. We spent a lot of time at the Schooner bar on the Voyager class ships so will definitely be there. Is it the 'R' bar which is also on the Vision? Did you try that?

Park cafe sounds good for my husbands late night snack. We spent a lot of time at the Schooner bar on the Voyager class ships so will definitely be there. Is it the 'R' bar which is also on the Vision? Did you try that?

The R bar is located in the Centrum, in fact, it's the first bar area you'll see once you board the ship. Due to its location, The R Bar can become quite congested. The bar tenders there are good, but can only work so fast. That's another reason we went to Schooner more than any other. It's kind of tucked out of the way, essentially in its own room.

The R bar is located in the Centrum, in fact, it's the first bar area you'll see once you board the ship. Due to its location, The R Bar can become quite congested. The bar tenders there are good, but can only work so fast. That's another reason we went to Schooner more than any other. It's kind of tucked out of the way, essentially in its own room.

Great thanks. I'm sure we will try them all!

We did B2B cruises on the Vision for Scandinavia & Baltic Sea and Russia & Estonia in 2012 - absolutely loved the ship. We have booked it again for the 16nights Transatlantic in August 2017 from Copenhagen to New York (via Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Shetland Islands, Newfoundland) and are looking forward to it. I believe the cruise is almost sold out already. It is a great ship.