Fantasy Tips

xbriannao

The Fantasy is definitely one of Carnival's smaller ships, but at 70,000 gross tons and 800+ feet long, she is still a good sized ship. Besides, she just recently received the 2.0 upgrades that only a very few ships have yet received. I have sailed the Fantasy twice and very much enjoyed the experience.

We are sailing her in July and it's also our first cruise ever and our Anniversary.

I finally upgraded to a suite just because we're going to want some private time and a nice place to escape crowds since this trip is about us.

It was double the cost but I'm not sure we'll ever do this again so in the end I am hoping it's worth it.

No real advice here but we're in the same boat LOL.

The Fantasy is a lovely ship with a great crew!

I love the promenade area with all the seating and windows when I want to be out and about but not in the sun. The Serenity deck is all the way AFT on the Promenade and is quiet with a view of the wake of the ship.

There is a nice front deck that not everyone finds all the way forward on the Verandah deck. No chairs but a nice forward view. The dining rooms are on the Atlantic deck, and you can't walk from one end to the other on that deck due to the galley.

Have a great honeymoon!

We will be on the Fantasy in November when it returns to Mobile. In February, we were on the Dream and honestly, it was too big for us. We prefer the smaller and more intimate ships like the Fantasy (and our favorite RCI's Serenade of the Seas). Does anyone know if Fantasy has gone to the American Table menu?

It was our first cruise and our second was on a sister ship.

It doesn't have all the features and food options the larger ones have, but it is nice and cozy - not so big it's an overwhelming number of people. Serenity on the back of the ship is a nice place to hang out. Something calming watching the wake. The waterworks are fun, even for big kids!

One thing to do (not particular to Fantasy) is be up on deck in the morning when coming into port. It's calm, not many people out, and quite nice to see. Fun watching the maneuvers they do to get up to the dock. Also, trivia is fun, if you have downtime.

We went on a Fantasy class for our 20 year anniversary, and I think regardless of the ship your are on, size etc... have fun, enjoy all the activities you can, make memories, take lots of pictures.

If you have assigned time dining in the aft MDR... Wait upstairs in the bar in front of the aft most lounge (Promenade deck) You'll be able to see the crowds go in thru the staircase. This MDR lobby is puny and becomes sardine-like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Fantasy and hers sisters have really nice outdoor seating off of the buffet. Great for dining al fresco!

Agree with others that Serenity is a nice place to relax and very quiet as it is far form the action out by the main pool.

The yellow twister slide at Waterworks is really fun! We are far from being kids but had a blast!

While she is on the smaller side and showing her age, one of the advantages of a smaller ship, at least in my experience, is more crew interaction and you see the same passengers more frequently, giving your cruise a more cozy feel.

Been on a few of her sisters and if she is like them or any carnival ship I am sure we will have a great time. I prefer the larger ships but there are none currently based out of florida! Looking forward to guys burgers and could anyone tell me which playlist shows are on her as I just saw Motor City, Studio VIP and 80's Rock on the Sunshine, shame about the LED screens though.