Royal Caribbean - Anthem of the Seas November 10-20

Hey all! I am new here (forum as well as cruising!) and I have some questions. My boyfriend and I are going on a 10 night cruise in November and we've never cruised before. We are looking into excursions, but it can be a bit overwhelming the more you reasearch them. Our stops are: San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten. Any suggestions you could give us? Maybe something you didn't feel was worth your money, or something you regret not doing? We really don't know what to expect with any of it.

Thank you for any help!! :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You may want to take a look at the ports of call forums here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Also check-in to your roll call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2223634

The Roll Call is where the people on your specific cruise are conversing.

In most cases we prefer to book excursions directly with the operators rather than through the cruise line. We feel the pricing is better and often there is more flexibility. The only think that is good about cruise line excursions is you don't have to worry about missing the ship- so if we are planning something that seems risky in being able to get back to the ship on time, we will book through the cruise line. I often hit up Tripadvisor for the top things to do in a specific location- and start researching the tour operators. Or you can also just catch a cab at the port and make arrangements with them to take you where you would like to go.

For a first time visit to St. Maarten, I would set aside time to see the planes fly in across Maho Beach. It is a sight to see- at least once.

Have fun researching!