Alaska Legend Virgins

nealstuber

I requested a time when I sent the email for the 11:00 a.m. excursion. This was what our email said...

We are happy to confirm your reservation for the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer excursion at 11:00am on 07/14/2016 for your upcoming Alaska cruise for

- 2 adults (aged 13 and above);

- 1 children (aged 5 - 12).

The minimum age of this excursions is 5 years old.

At this current time we are unable to charge online ahead of time however we will reserve tickets for you. Your tickets will be charged to your onboard Sail & Sign Account on the day of embarkation and will be printed and delivered to your stateroom on the first sea day of the cruise.

Please have this email printed as a confirmation page.

Wishing you a very pleasant voyage on the Carnival Legend.

Found it thanks to your email used some of your wording in my email search- it was hidden three layers down in an email. We are also booked on 11:00am.

Tap me if you see me & say hey- Suzy. I am guess based on cool weather will have raincoat on outer layer- either eggplant color or bright purple!

Found it thanks to your email used some of your wording in my email search- it was hidden three layers down in an email. We are also booked on 11:00am.

Tap me if you see me & say hey- Suzy. I am guess based on cool weather will have raincoat on outer layer- either eggplant color or bright purple!

Glad you found it! We just went last week!! It was really neat. We got to see the glacier calving a bunch of times. Mostly small pieces, but a few big ones. Including one that caused some real waves!

Glad you found it! We just went last week!! It was really neat. We got to see the glacier calving a bunch of times. Mostly small pieces, but a few big ones. Including one that caused some real waves!

What clothing do you recommend for tour - thinkng hiking boots,jeans,a layered t-shirt,Northface fleece & raincoat, gloves,hat. Maybe a hooded sweatshirt too?

Were you cold at all?

What clothing do you recommend for tour - thinkng hiking boots,jeans,a layered t-shirt,Northface fleece & raincoat, gloves,hat. Maybe a hooded sweatshirt too?

Were you cold at all?

Yes, this was definitely a windy and cold tour! LOL! I thought I had packed enough, but I actually bought a jacket on the ship, as did many, many people!! It's a really nice jacket though, fleece on the inside, I'll definitely wear it again, and it was on sale!

I wore jeans, long sleeve t-shirt, hooded sweatshirt, and the jacket I bought. Oh yes, and hiking boots (on all our tours actually). The jacket also had a hood. And I had gloves, the ones that have the flip-top cover on them, so they look like mittens when that part is on, if that makes sense. We had a sunny day though, so it did help a little bit. The great part is you spend a long time there and the inside of the boat was totally fine, so you can warm up in there easily. The wind was really harsh at times for sure!

After cruise with 4-6 people, what method is best for getting back to airport? Have never used Carnival transfers. Time and convenience to us is a higher priority than finding lowest rate.

So for us, we had 3 people. We had used a car service, Already There Towncar company to get us from the airport to our hotel. We looked at the Carnival transfers, but it would have been I think $90 for the 3 of us. The towncar was $50, plus a 20% tip. So we called them instead, just before we set sail. It was easy, we called once off the ship an hour earlier than we thought and they had a car there in 5 minutes.

After cruise with 4-6 people, what method is best for getting back to airport? Have never used Carnival transfers. Time and convenience to us is a higher priority than finding lowest rate.

We used Shuttle express for all of our transfers. They picked us up from the airport when we arrived in Seattle right on time and took us to our hotel. The next morning they arrived at the hotel at the scheduled time to take us to the pier. When we returned from the cruise they were waiting on us to take us back to our hotel and the next morning again arrived on time to return us to the airport for our flight home. For all 4 transfers it was only $55 per person or $111.00 per couple plus tip. I'd say that was a wonderful bargain. I HIGHLY recommend Shuttle Express. :)

We used Shuttle express for all of our transfers. They picked us up from the airport when we arrived in Seattle right on time and took us to our hotel. The next morning they arrived at the hotel at the scheduled time to take us to the pier. When we returned from the cruise they were waiting on us to take us back to our hotel and the next morning again arrived on time to return us to the airport for our flight home. For all 4 transfers it was only $55 per person or $111.00 per couple plus tip. I'd say that was a wonderful bargain. I HIGHLY recommend Shuttle Express. :)

Shuttle Express is great, used them from the airport to hotel and hotel to Amtrak. We flew into Seattle and took train to Vancouver to board the Legend in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Who did you email to book this? We are cruising Alaska next summer, but trying to plan ahead.

Who did you email to book this? We are cruising Alaska next summer, but trying to plan ahead.

If you're asking about the Tracy Arm Fjord excursion, we booked it through Carnival. You have to go to your booking on the website and the information will be there when you click on the excursion. It tells you where to send your email, what information they need, etc... It can't be paid in advance, so you won't get charged until you board the ship. You will just get an email confirmation that you'll want to hang on to.

Exactly- in fact kctwinmommy and & I were on same tour date. 👍 For the Tracy Arm Fjord excursion we needed reservation for six so included each couples booing confirmation with Carnival, and requested that one be billed to us being a gift.

Tickets arrived in room on bed I believe first day at sea or first evening with instructions where to meet. In the lounge for our time, they had two groups, and divided room in half, so likely no worry getting everyone in family on same boat as long as tour at same time. You"ll love it. Bring water of jacket preferably with a tie hood, and maybe warm hat, light gloves. Our tour was cloudy, then pelting rain and then cleared up. So weather can change quickly.

The rain seemed to increase the "calving" of glacier and largest guide said she had seen.

Nope! We went the week before you, or maybe 2? We were there on July 14th. We didn't have any rain, all sunshine! :)

I stand corrected, been so confusing with screen names. Yes, you helped me locate my Tracy Fjord email by seeing what yours looked like. Lucky you no rain.

I still have to figure out photo hosting ...my to do list Photobucket looks most promising for use here

Anyone know how to post a video clip? I have glacier calving

Same here, We prepaid for everything we could. As you said we couldn't prepay for Tracy Arm, but at least its booked and the funds allocated for it. The same with the steak house. Reservation made and funds set aside. We cruise on the 12th

I was reading this thread and saw you are from Ocala too. Small world!

We are going to cancel our Princess trip and book on this one for next May. It will save about $4,000. Our two granddaughters are coming with us too.

The date looks like you must have already finished your trip. How did you like the ship? We've been to Alaska but not on this ship.

I stand corrected, been so confusing with screen names. Yes, you helped me locate my Tracy Fjord email by seeing what yours looked like. Lucky you no rain.

I still have to figure out photo hosting ...my to do list Photobucket looks most promising for use here

Anyone know how to post a video clip? I have glacier calving

Haha! I get it!

And I used Flickr for the videos I shared. I tried using Photobucket, but kept getting errors. I use Flickr for all my stuff anyway, so it wasn't a problem for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Nealstuber.

saw your post, can you please provide some information on this package. We are a family group of 11, including 5 children, 6 adults,

"Thanks for your shore excursion tips, we found a 3 port package that made our party of 16 happy - a whale watching thing in Juneau and 2 hour orientation tours in the other two ports."

Nealstuber.

saw your post, can you please provide some information on this package. We are a family group of 11, including 5 children, 6 adults,

"Thanks for your shore excursion tips, we found a 3 port package that made our party of 16 happy - a whale watching thing in Juneau and 2 hour orientation tours in the other two ports."

https://www.shoretrips.com/excursion/region-pnw-jun-062988/alaska-pacific-northwest/juneau-alaska/alaska-3-port-discounted-package-plus

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your great information.

We took a cruise as planning a trip with the extended family is a challenge in balancing the different likes, and meal timings. Hoped to minimize decision making conflicts.

My son and daughter in law have their top wish list, the Helicopter and dog sled. The weather prevented them from doing this on a previous trip. We are trying to figure out a way to book in Skagway, with a Juneau booking as plan B. As the weather can change in a short period, we can not rely on any forecast. Does anyone know if the Juneau flight can be booked that day. If so we will just book Skagway, and if its canceled try for Juneau flight when we arrive.