Customs question

marci0914

Hi. I looked through the boards and I was not sure where to post this, so I will ask here. A friend asked me to purchase cigarettes while we are in the caribbean for him. How many cartons of cigarettes is each person allowed to bring back into the United States?

Thanks!!!

200 cigarettes per person duty free. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/53/~/traveler-bringing-tobacco-products-(cigarettes,-cigars,-bidis)-to-the-u.s.-for

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

You missed the last paragraph:

Once every 31 days, a resident returning from travel from American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), or the Virgin Islands of the United States may import 1,000 cigarettes (5 cartons), not more than 200 of which acquired elsewhere than in such locations, within the returning resident's $1,600 exemption from duty and taxes.

Hi. I looked through the boards and I was not sure where to post this, so I will ask here. A friend asked me to purchase cigarettes while we are in the caribbean for him. How many cartons of cigarettes is each person allowed to bring back into the United States?

Thanks!!!

If you are going to be in St. Thomas - up until a week ago - you could bring back 5 ctns. per person and at $25 it was great.

St. Thomas (perhaps the whole US Virgin Island - not sure) is a special economic area - Guam is also...).

There may have been a very recent change - so double check when you are there. People on the ship never seem to know. They will try to sell you the two pack of cartons, when you can only bring one back from the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this (link won't work) : search this

Bringing cigarettes from U.S. insular possessions into the U.S. (U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, or Guam)

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98