Best value for hotel & parking for 1 night

nelbelle

We're staying overnight in NOLA before our cruise. I can't for the life of me figure out what the best deal is. We just want to eat somewhere touristy the night we get there.

Since were staying during the week, the hotel prices are pretty decent. Problem I'm having is trying to decide which hotel to go with.

I can get the Riverside for $77 a night on HW but adding in parking a Fulton and cab fair from Fulton to the hotel, then cab fare that night to where ever we end up eating, should we just do a park and cruise package at a hotel? For instance, Wyndham Park and Cruise is $168. If we do a park and cruise package, then we have to pay for a shuttle to the pier. Most park and cruise packages (except for Wyndham) seem to be only a discount on parking.

Only thing that is really sticking out is the Hampton Inn Convention Center which is $132 + $14 per night for parking with a shuttle to and from. But every time I see $14 parking or discounted parking in conjunction with a park and cruise deal, it makes me think they're having you park at Fulton anyway.

Thoughts?

If you can get the Hilton Riverside for the good of a rate, I would just stay there and park there that night and then drive over to Fulton and park the next morning. Even if parking is $40, that is still just $117. And there is a trolley right across the street to take you anywhere in the French Quarter area. Lots of touristy places to eat. I highly recommend Acme Oyster Bar. I've also heard great things about Central Market and their muffulettas. I believe it is also on the trolley route. I believe trolley costs $3 per day.