FTTF??? Carnival Magic

Krydstosser

Hello

We are first timers with Carnival and with FTTF.

We have already bought it, but how does it work?

Can we choose our own embarkation time when we have FTTF?

Krydstosser

(Cruise maniac in Danish)

Don´t mind my spelling i am from Denmark :)

Nice to "meet" a fellow Dane here [emoji4]

You need to pick a time slot for check in, but you can arrive to port anytime you wish.

FTTF board right after Platium/Diamond and wedding parties.

PM me in Danish if it's easier for you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Port Canaveral does not have the staggered embarkation so if you want to be on the ship early you need to be at the port around 10:00 and you will go through the line that if FTTF or priority and you will be checked in and after wedding parties, diamond, platinum and suite guest, you will be allowed to board. Disregard the check in time it has on your boarding pass.

Also, your room should be ready so you can drop your bags off and go have fun. When you go to the level your room is on, you may encounter some doors with signs posting saying the rooms are not ready but if you have FTTF you are welcome to go on to your room. Your luggage should arrive shortly after that. You will also have priority debarkation. And if you need to use the guest service line you can use the priority line.

We were on the Magic this past week. We arrived at the port around 10:15, dropped off our luggage and made it thru registration around 10:45. They had already called FTTF and we walked right on to the ship. Our cabin was ready. We dropped off our bags, had lunch and let the kids swim in the pool.

For debarkation, we were off the ship by 8:30. We actually could have debarked at 7:45. We were instructed to be in the theater at 8:00 and were finishing breakfast when they called our group number.

So those that have had FTTF on the Magic - is it worth it?

I had read great things and stocked the website until I was able to get in a day or two ago... but then reading more - I'm not so sure it's worth it on etH eastern itinerary since none of the locations are tendered.

It seems you may get on the boat an hour earlier? But that bags aren't guaranteed earlier than normal?

Is it worth it?

I had read great things and stocked the website until I was able to get in a day or two ago... but then reading more - I'm not so sure it's worth it on etH eastern itinerary since none of the locations are tendered.

It seems you may get on the boat an hour earlier? But that bags aren't guaranteed earlier than normal?

Is it worth it?

We thought it was worth it. We boarded right away. Can't remember exactly when we got our bags. But, it's supposed to be expedited. It was nice to go to guest services and not wait in line (10+ people deep at times). For debarkation, we were off at 8 and on the road by 8:30. The main hold-up is getting through customs, which is worse if you are in a later group.

Is it worth it?

For me, if there is no tendered ports, it is not worth it. Being a Plat, I have similar perks, but I would never spend $60.00 to board early- on our last cruise we boarded 10 minutes sooner than our friends in Zone 1. I rarely use GS and if I do, I can always find a short line later at night. I leave my bags with the porters, and I carry a small backpack with my passport and meds - so the room being ready is not important to me, and the luggage rarely arrives before Muster Drill or even dinner. I just feel that the &60.00 could be better spent elsewhere such as Specialty dining or an excursion.