What's Around the Pier?

TheYearofMe

Hi all, Just wondering what is around the pier that might be nice. Maybe a nice restaraunt for lunch? There will be 9 ships in on the day I will be there. I had stingray city planned but it is going to be a zoo. So, I am just planning on going to the pier and walking around a bit. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

I'm not really answering your question because I didn't go anywhere except for Del Sol after Stingray City...but if you have never done that excursion; I would highly recommend that you still plan to do it. Just try to get the earliest possible trip you can get to beat the crowds. It is just too awesome of an experience to pass up IMHO.

At the pier there are vendors with signs for tours. Going past them to the right you will find shops for rum, jewelry (black coral), Hard rock cafe. After maybe about a block is the Eden Rock snorkeling area. You would be able to rent snorkel equipment there (also good for lunch and a drink-- can't think of the name of the shop there) and go snorkeling, there are steps carved into the rock to get into the water, no guide needed. Walking straight across the street from the pier I wandered into street after street of stores.

It would also be easy enough to catch a bus or cab over to Seven mile beach if you are interested in beach time.

Su

What a great website...thank you...looks like when we are in George Town there will be like 6 ships there...wow that seems like a lot...but there are only 2 ships in at the same time in Ocho Rios that sounds alot better. Thanks again kinda new to cruisn' this will be our 2nd trip.

Archived