Cabin Opposite Laundry on Nautica

flygirl1420

Great location for doing your laundry! You might have some occasional banging door noise, but shouldn't be much of a bother. The laundry is a great place to meet other passengers, but wild parties are rare:D

I have been on Nautica many times. Big Problem: there is only 1 laundry on board and it only has 4 washers & 4 dryers. That limited number must accommodate all passengers.

The room opens at 7 AM & frequently a line forms outside your door well before 7 waiting for the room to open. Based on my non-scientific observation when queing at 6:30, a number will not gain access to the laundry room until the washers first in use finish the run & are emptied. There just isn't sufficient space inside the room to eliminate the line outside in the morning.

I believe most folks are considerate of your situation. There a lot of pleasant chatter between those pax waiting 45 minutes to an hour to access a washer. In the afternoon, especially days in port, there is far less demand. Sea Days: the room is busy all day long.

My point is to be prepared for conversational noise from those congregating outside your door prior to 7 AM. As you are now aware of the opening time and demand for access, you can tune out any noise that might seep into your cabin while asleep and you will hopefully be far less annoyed at the unavoidable intrusion.

We were in this cabin when Regatta was the R2 on Renaissance and we never encountered lines outside our room. There was ONE occasion when lots of people were doing their laundry and many were chatting in the hallway. I only knew they were there when I opened the door.

Sounds from outside our Deck 6 cabin on Nautica right now are far more prevalent than they were on Deck 7 in 1999. Don't know if that's because the ships are older now or because insulation isn't as good on Deck 6 as it was on Deck 7. It is not enough to bother us overmuch.

For me, I wouldn't tolerate standing in line to do my laundry! I choose my times when not so many people are likely to be doing theirs -- like during cocktail hour or on a day when most people are off touring but we are staying on the ship. I did so last week when most people were touring Murmansk, and for half the time I was there I was the only one in the room (and my machines were the only ones in operation).