Excursions Help!!! Athens, Olympia, Santorini, Mykonos, Corfu

cmr4122

Hi!

Booked on the NCL Jade leaving July 23rd 2016 from Venice, Italy and I'll be in Athens, Olympia, Santorini, Mykonos and Corfu. I'm trying to book excursions ahead of time and I"m having a very difficult time finding something.

I have looked at both shoreexcursioneer.com and cruisingexcursions.com, but upon more research all I keep finding is bad reviews of the two companies.

I'm looking for suggestions/help with where to book excursions/good excursions. I'm going with my mom and sister. We're all over 21, walking isn't an issue and we really want to enjoy these ports.

The only site I did find with good reviews (albeit a few) is guidemeingreece with their Santorini and Olympia tour.

Please help!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I recommend using the 'search this forum' feature and typing your individual ports of call as your keyword.

There is a lot of valuable information and reviews (from previous posts on here) on various guided/DIY tour options for the destinations that your cruise will be visiting.

One may also want to join the roll call for their cruise. There wlll be other posters there (also on your cruise) that often may post tour ideas and offers for sharing privately organized tours.

TripAdvisor is also another great resource on finding "What to do" for the day in various locales.

You'll likely get much more ideas on activities with a little bit of research.

Edited by Skai

Hi!

Booked on the NCL Jade leaving July 23rd 2016 from Venice, Italy and I'll be in Athens, Olympia, Santorini, Mykonos and Corfu. I'm trying to book excursions ahead of time and I"m having a very difficult time finding something.

I have looked at both shoreexcursioneer.com and cruisingexcursions.com, but upon more research all I keep finding is bad reviews of the two companies.

I'm looking for suggestions/help with where to book excursions/good excursions. I'm going with my mom and sister. We're all over 21, walking isn't an issue and we really want to enjoy these ports.

The only site I did find with good reviews (albeit a few) is guidemeingreece with their Santorini and Olympia tour.

Please help!

In case it gives you some ideas of what you want to see, I did all those on my own and made videos of the days, which can be found from the GREECE link in my signature below. All the best, Tony

Have you looked at Trip Advisor? The reviews for tour providers has been helpful and gave me very good ideas about tour providers that I should contact. In fact, we currently have a full day tour of Athens planned with PK Travel (https://www.pktravelgreece.com) when we visit in September. Since this is a shared excursion, I posted it on my roll call and we currently have a group of 22 signed up for the excursion. The cost is very reasonable and their reviews are excellent.

We are taking an excursion with Santorini Private Tours (http://www.santorini-private-guide.com). They also have excellent reviews on fTrip Advisor.

With respect to Rhodes and Mykonos, the comments I have found here on CC make it sound as though they are easy ports to navigate on your own.

Edited by cruisin' lady

We really loved our excursion to the island of Delos off Mykonos.

Definitely get a guide book or google the ports to see what mind interest you the most.

Whatever you do - forget about shopping and go see the sites.

Kathy:)

In a lot of these places you don't need tour and can do it yourself. Take the train or express bus into Athens and you can visit the sites using apps with audio guides such as Rick Steves. Cheaper and you set your own pace. If you are hungry stop to eat. Tired? take a coffee break. Want to see everything? see three museums not on any one tour,the freedom is yours.

Before you book a tour know what you want to do. If you only want to see one site or museum you may be better off with a taxi or rental car.