eBay Digital Gift Card and using a Travel Agent

GROUPTRAVEL

Has anyone had trouble applying ebay digital cards as payment for your cruise if it was booked through a travel agent? My upcoming cruise was booked by a travel agent therefore I'm unable to make payment on Carnival.com. The Digital gift card can be used on Carnival.com but it has this statement --- TRAVEL AGENTS, AGENCIES OR OTHER TRAVEL INTERMEDIARY SERVICE CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS DIGITAL GIFT CARD.

I have contacted ebay and PayPal and neither can answer the question. I have contacted my travel agent. She hasn't experienced this situation in the past but she's getting information.

Worse case, I can apply the gift card to my onboard purchases but I would prefer to apply it to the cost of the cruise.

Thank you for your help!

I just e-mail my TA and say "Hi Sharon- I have two gift cards to apply to my balance. The first one is for $25 and the number is .... The second one is for $50 and the number is .... These are Carnival gift cards and have no expiration date. Thanks."

I have applied those digital gift cards from ebay before as well as gift cards purchased through Verizon and AARP. Never a problem. I wouldn't deal with a TA that couldn't or wouldn't process them. That's all we use to pay for our cruises. I really don't think that disclaimer applies anymore if it ever did.

You may also simply just print out your Digital card that ebay sent you and bring it with when you board. Go to GUEST SERVICES and they can apply it to your stateroom as OBC.

That's what I plan to do since my cruise is already PIF. That way in case anything changes with my plans or I find another cruise to book I still have the GIFT cards and they are not locked up with a particular booking right now.