Snorkling in December in Southern Caribbean

jusk

We'll be on RCL in December and definitely want to snorkel at least once, if not more. Looking for the best place to snorkel. And, should we book through ship or separate. No scuba for us, just snorkel. We are both perfectly comfortable in the water. Our ports will be St Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia and Barbados. Thanks!!

Barbados is supposed to have some pretty nice snorkeling. We will also be there in December and if you head over to the ports of call board you can find lots of discussion on the various operators. Your two options are either go to one of the beach clubs and then get one of the guys there to take you out snorkeling with the turtles and to the wreck for $15-20 per person (around 90 minutes total) or book one of the 4-5 hour catamaran snorkeling excursions through Silvermoon, Calabaza, etc. for $110-115 per person. I'm sure Royal offers similar excursions but we decided to book our own.

Of those ports, my favorites for snorkeling are St. Thomas and St. Lucia. You can see pictures of my port stops on all of those islands on my Carnival Freedom and Carnival Liberty reviews - links in my signature below.