RCI stepping up

jwlane

Enchantment of the Seas - The Tuesday, October 25, sailing of Enchantment of the Seas - originally scheduled to depart on Monday, October 24 - is now cancelled. The ship will now be used to bring humanitarian relief supplies to the victims of Hurricane Wilma in Mexico. Enchantment of the seas will resume its normal sailings on Saturday, October 28, departing from Port Everglades.

Agreed, RCI is a well-run, respected company. I believe their staff had recently completed a "day of service" in the Miami area, making things better for the community.

I also recall that many years ago, during a storm that was trashing Miami, a hospital close to the port lost fresh water service. RCI sent a ship back out into the storm to make fresh water from its own plant. (This can't be done in port). They returned and supplied the hospital with freshly manufactured water.

After 36 cruises on many different lines, we've finally established RCI/Celebrity as our favorites, when queried by others. So we've allocated investment dollars to RCI stock, and our vacation dollars in their cruise product.

Guest cruzr44

This may not be new, but is RC offering a better "buy back" for their cancelled or shortened cruises? It hasn't happened to me but I have read in the past of complaints about their compensation.

Archived