Blonde in a Gold Dress

Cruise Arizona

Hello, Ladies,

Back to my perky self here, and I need some advice on make-up with my new gold dress.

It's kind of a golden champagne color, and I want to make sure that with my blonde hair, and fair skin, I don't look too monotone.

This is what I'm thinking - Warm blush, called camel, dark brown eye liner, gold and bronze eyshadow. Then a bronze lipstick.

I usually go for very natural make-up. Not too much, but should I go a little more dramatic? Or stick with the subtle look? If I stay sublte do you think I'll look too washed out?

i agree with the bronze hues.

Also, might want to try a little warm peach as well. just as long as there is not a lot of sparkle in the makeup with gold/champagne you should be fine!

BTW, where did you get the gold dress? i am looking for a non-black formal dress!

Hello, Ladies,

Back to my perky self here, and I need some advice on make-up with my new gold dress.

It's kind of a golden champagne color, and I want to make sure that with my blonde hair, and fair skin, I don't look too monotone.

This is what I'm thinking - Warm blush, called camel, dark brown eye liner, gold and bronze eyshadow. Then a bronze lipstick.

I usually go for very natural make-up. Not too much, but should I go a little more dramatic? Or stick with the subtle look? If I stay sublte do you think I'll look too washed out?

I'd say go a little more dramatic with the lipstick since everything else (hair, dress, eye makeup) is very much in the same palette. Maybe a wine red.

One thing that you should avoid is the monochromatic look. I think having a tan or bronze cheek would add some color and I agree with landlockedinAZ about the plum eyes. For lips I would go with a couple of shades darker than your normal lipcolor. Nothing that will compete with your dress, but will balance the gold color scheme a bit.

You don't want to look like you are trying too hard, so just keep it natural, but with a bit more color. Good luck!

Just when you think that you are done when you get the formal dress... now you have to put everything together so that it all blends and looks like "you"!

Since I don't know what color your eyes are, I'll just speak in general terms....

You will certainly "blend" in with your gown if you go with the natural look.

I was blonde once and wore an ivory gown. I found that my coloring at the time worked well with a brick color lipstick (more of a yellow based red rather than a blue based red) and didn't look too harsh. Apply lightly with a lip brush and blot if it is too much for you.

I would avoid too much color as previously stated. Choose to accent either your eyes, or your lips.

Best wishes,

~e

I think you should skip pale lips as that will wash you out. I say go for the brightest/darkest red lips you're comfortable with. Because you're in gold, I'd wear a yellow red tone and not a blue red tone.

You might try a terra cotta brick color and then put a coral gloss over it. I have a fabulous gloss from Chanel, #38.

You need to play around to see which looks best. But with your blond hair and lovely milky skin, you run the risk of blending in too much if you go with a bronze lipstick, IMHO. If it's a dark bronze, then perhaps a coral gloss over that would look pretty?

Also, wear lots of mascara!

HOpe this helps.

Jane

I even thought about false eyelashes, I've worn them on stage and they look very dramatic, but the are probably too much for close company.

I think I will go with the warm red lipstick. That might be just enough punch to make the fair skin, blonde hair and gold dress work.

I think it was Charlise Theron that wore a yellowy gold dress to either th GG or Oscars, and the comments were that she way overdid it on the Bronzer. I don't want to go with that over done bronzer look either.

I even thought about false eyelashes, I've worn them on stage and they look very dramatic, but the are probably too much for close company.

False eye-lashes have come a long way!

I have a friend who went through chemo and lost most of her eye-lashes. Her hair stylist made some calls and found some very natural "replacements" as she called them. They looked great!

There are even false pieces that you can add a couple in strategic places...say a few to the outter edge of your eye-lid so that you get some added length and fullness to just the ends and not look like the old Liza.

If you have long lashes, follow Jane's suggestion and just coat them well.

~e

in your picture on your profile you are wearing what looks like red lipstick - if your are comfortable with that I agree with Jane - go red! you are supposed to be the star - the dress is just the supporting actress in this play. so don't worry about offending the dress!

in your picture on your profile you are wearing what looks like red lipstick - if your are comfortable with that I agree with Jane - go red! you are supposed to be the star - the dress is just the supporting actress in this play. so don't worry about offending the dress!

I agree with everyone on the darker red lips. I have similar coloring (blond hair, fair skin) and did something similar for my wedding. I wore a champagne gown with gold details--the makeup artist did eyecolor in shades of brown, subtle bronzey/pink blush, and deep, brick red lips. The makeup really did a great job of giving my features definition. I look back at the photos and wish I could always look that good! :)

If you do a test run before you go, I'm sure you will find the colors that work for you. Be sure to post photos and have a great time!

Archived