Port arrival at Port Canaveral

I am still trying to get FTTF for my October cruise on the Magic but if I don't, what would be a good time to get to the port to avoid the long lines? I had a stroke a few years ago so standing in a long line does not work well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's been a few years since I've cruised out of PC but the last time we got to port around 10:30 and got right in and checked in and seated to wait to board a little before noon.

Also, we are cruising out of PC in a month (on the Magic) and I just was able to buy FTTF last week. So keep an eye out for more FTTF spots about 6 weeks prior to your sailing. Or look at your roll call fro someone to mention it (that's how I knew they had more FTTF for my cruise).

So we got there around 10:45 last November and it took us about an hour to get through and onto the ship. But our friends got there earlier and apparently got on much quicker. There are several workers in the area too, in case you need some help getting through there. I know there were a few people in line who had a hard time standing, and they were sitting on some benches for a bit. Just ask someone around there if it gets difficult, and if you're traveling with others, they should be able to stand in line and you can rest somewhere until you get closer.

You can also contact special needs and notify them of your problems. The can make provisions for you to be boarded just after the FTTF's. They will also assign you to the special needs muster and make arraignments for assistance if sometime during the cruise you have to report to your muster station.

Edited by Papa_Bear_

Port Canaveral will be going to scheduled check in times soon. Not sure exactly when, but I would agree about contacting special needs. Just in case they do go to the scheduled check in and you are not able to get an early time. Better safe than sorry.

I am still trying to get FTTF for my October cruise on the Magic but if I don't, what would be a good time to get to the port to avoid the long lines? I had a stroke a few years ago so standing in a long line does not work well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you are unable to secure FTTF for your cruise just ask any Carnival employee for a wheel chair and attendant for boarding purposes. They will be more than willing to help you out. My DH has a hard time standing for long periods of time and this is what we do, never a problem.